Help with failing Weeping ##### Willow Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backydgardener

Reaction score
Hi there, I bought a Weeping ##### Willow Tree for a friend and me. Long story short, I took it back to see if I could save it but I don't know what to do. Mine looks amazing. I love it and it's doing great but my friend's tree is doing nothing. I don't think it got watered enough in the beginning. I'm not sure what she did or didn't do so I cut back the branches because they were dead and put it in the sun. I check the water level constantly and it's sitting with lots of other plants surrounding it with good growing energy but it's still doing nothing. I live in Orlando, Fl. and our summer is really kicking in with hot temperatures. What can I do to rescue this tree? They are so beautiful and my friend is so sad that it's not well. Is there something I can do to bring it back? Help!!! Thank you in advance.

I've had success bringing trees back from the brink using the Sick Tree Treatment:
Sick Tree Treatment 2011 - Natural Organic Home Garden Health Howard Garrett Dirt Doctor

Willows are hard to kill in a mild, wet climate like Florida has - even from neglect...:confused:

I don't mean to sound so critical, but IMO, willows are high-maintainance ornamental trees - they drop limbs every time a wind comes up and the roots will clog up sewer and drainpipes in just a few years. If they are close to the house, they will pose a threat to windows and the roof. Besides all that, big willows are somewhat dangerous to cut down - the big sweeping limbs are heavy with water and often unpredictable to fell just where you want.

Good luck with trying to save your friend's tree! :msp_smile:

xtm

Latest posts

Back