Hemlock beside septic field.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, you were tied into the maple or whatever tree that appears to be beside the hemlock... tricky you are mmmhhm?:hmm3grin2orange: but still very nice

Looked like it was getting pretty small at the top. Any risk of the trunk snapping?

That was a real good job and great video. I watched with my wife and two daughters.

BTW

On the larger branches that barber chaired...why did you cut them from the trunk with a hand saw...why not use the top handle?

Thanks

It looked like he did that on purpose, so he could grab them and toss them into a pile.

I'm curious have you gotten much business from people who have watched one of your you tube videos? I was thinking of making a couple for promotional reasons..... Thanks.... Mike

Thanks for the interest guys.

Lumberjack333
- I tied into the maple once I was near the top, mainly because I had to remove a fairly large dead limb on the maple that was relatively close to the hemlock (left that part out of the video). I actually had to leave the hemlock to finish the stub on the maple. Since the line was already thrown around a solid section of the maple, I decided to leave it there as a high TIP while I took the top of the dead hemlock. The top section had about a 4" dia. and although I felt it was secure, it was easier with a high TIP. Usually I'll just double wrap my lanyard when the trees diameter get that small.

Techman
- The top was a little small, however it was stable and had only been dead for less than a year.

Woodcutteranon
- Techman is correct, it was done on purpose. When working by myself, if I can, I'll drop the limbs into a pile and then chunk the wood in a different pile, makes for an easier cleanup. (unless I need the brush pile to absorb the impact of the chunks). Since this tree was above a septic field, I also did not want the heavier/larger branches landing on the field. - if they had of landed on the field butt first they could have broken the leaching pipes. (The smaller branches, this was not an issue).
On some large branches I will cut them partially through and then finish them with the hand saw, I don't like grabbing a branch close to the running chainsaw and just using a handsaw only on a large branch is too time and energy consuming.

Mikecutstrees
- I just started posting the videos and put my phone number in, just in case. A lot of my customers are not home when I remove their trees and are curious as to how it is done. Hopefully the videos will give them some idea. Who knows, maybe they will even see their tree in there one day.:) I am considering having a web page and if I do, I'll definitely have a link to my Youtube page.

Last edited:
Nice work on the video squad.

Both the nice smooth work limbing on the way up and the POV of blocking on the way down are great for clients to see. In all it looked very professional.

I would suggest if you plan to use video's for marketting that you include start and finish shots. It may also be worthwhile adding a brief job overview as a title explaining why the removal was done.

I agree with the editing taking time. It can be a slow process but I really enjoy it. More videos please.:cheers:

Great video. :clap:You have some real skill. Your tree works not too sloppy either.:)

Back