Heres a steal on a 6401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of you need to grow up. This guy is merely buying a saw, reselling it to turn a profit, and does not give any hints of being dishonest or untruthful. In fact, he tells you exactly where the saw came from. If you think he's charging too much, then don't bid. Whatever you do though, you need to sit back, grab a cold one, and have a good dose of ****.

I normally don't call people out but I was looking through the Macs' on Ebay just now and saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MCCULLOCH-PRO-MAC-10-10-CHAINSAW_W0QQitemZ130102673796QQihZ003QQcategoryZ79667QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

The description is just ... :dizzy:

I got a good laugh though. "Cut a log in two pieces ... for repair or parts only."

You'd probably get a seized wildthing if you bought it. :yoyo:

This guy obviously ripped off the Mac description from Mike Acres site. :blob5::blob5::blob5:

A few of you need to grow up. This guy is merely buying a saw, reselling it to turn a profit, and does not give any hints of being dishonest or untruthful. In fact, he tells you exactly where the saw came from. If you think he's charging too much, then don't bid. Whatever you do though, you need to sit back, grab a cold one, and have a good dose of ****.

Appears you are the one getting worked up. If you dont like what we are talking about, dont read it.

Whatever you do though, you need to sit back, grab a cold one, and have a good dose of **** Practice what you preach?

Not cool. Everybody knows not to mix alcohol and ****!!!!! Come-on now, it's dangerous business. :buttkick:

+1

I think I'll go to the grocery store forum and complain how Albertson's is buying a dozen eggs for $.50 and selling them for $2.50. Of all the freaking nerve!

+1

I think I'll go to the grocery store forum and complain how Albertson's is buying a dozen eggs for $.50 and selling them for $2.50. Of all the freaking nerve!

You and space missed the intent of this thread.

Anyone can sell whatever they want for whatever they want. Thats the beauty of living in the US, I think they call it "capitalism."

Maybe if the saws were NIB, then camparing them the MSRP would be OK. But comparing used rental saws to new MSRP is not being honest. Saying they have been looked over by a qualified technician, when he thinks that working for HD in the rental center makes him a qualified technician to me isnt being honest.

To each their own though, I see he sold one, didnt see if the one that ended last night sold. Good for him.

Anyone can sell whatever they want for whatever they want. Thats the beauty of living in the US, I think they call it "capitalism."
I agree whole heartedly. That's why I am a self-employed electrical contractor.

Maybe if the saws were NIB, then camparing them the MSRP would be OK. But comparing used rental saws to new MSRP is not being honest.
If a potential buyer actually thinks that there is an MSRP for used saws, then they're stupid. I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY knows the guy is referring to MSRP of a brand new saw. The seller is simply letting people know they can buy a used saw for much less. Hey, that's why I bought a used saw, because I didn't want to spend MSRP on a new one. On the other hand, he doesn't say it specificly that the MSRP is for a new saw, and he probably should. I do think he should say something to the effect of "Why pay retail of $838 for a new saw when you can buy a properly and well maintained used saw for much less." Then everything would be in the clear, as it should be. Am I contradicting myself? :laugh:

Saying they have been looked over by a qualified technician, when he thinks that working for HD in the rental center makes him a qualified technician to me isnt being honest.
In his eyes, and obviously HD's eyes, the seller IS a qualified technician. He was obviously trusted to set up the saws properly for the next person renting the saw. I'm not saying a certified Dolmar tech, if there is such a thing, wouldn't be a more qualified technician, but it doesn't take a whole lot of skills to keep the saws "THROUGHOUGHLY CHECKED, CLEANED, OILED, LUBED AND GASED."

To each their own though, I see he sold one, didnt see if the one that ended last night sold. Good for him.
That's what I say. Good for him.

I agree whole heartedly. That's why I am a self-employed electrical contractor.

If a potential buyer actually thinks that there is an MSRP for used saws, then they're stupid. I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY knows the guy is referring to MSRP of a brand new saw. The seller is simply letting people know they can buy a used saw for much less. Hey, that's why I bought a used saw, because I didn't want to spend MSRP on a new one. On the other hand, he doesn't say it specificly that the MSRP is for a new saw, and he probably should. I do think he should say something to the effect of "Why pay retail of $838 for a new saw when you can buy a properly and well maintained used saw for much less." Then everything would be in the clear, as it should be. Am I contradicting myself? :laugh:

In his eyes, and obviously HD's eyes, the seller IS a qualified technician. He was obviously trusted to set up the saws properly for the next person renting the saw. I'm not saying a certified Dolmar tech, if there is such a thing, wouldn't be a more qualified technician, but it doesn't take a whole lot of skills to keep the saws "THROUGHOUGHLY CHECKED, CLEANED, OILED, LUBED AND GASED."

That's what I say. Good for him.

Another thing...did he professionally check these saws out on his dime of HD's dime? My GUESS would be HD's dime since I doubt that a HD would sell a saw that hasnt been checked out. So in effect he wants to be paid twice to do a job once.

On a side note ... I called the HD where I got my saw and the guy said they don't have any Makitas for sale. I said, "when should I check back?" .. The guy replies "In 3 years, we only have new ones now". I was like wtf?? In 3 years, saws could be solar powered :monkey:

I wonder if employees are steady buying/selling them or something?

On a side note ... I called the HD where I got my saw and the guy said they don't have any Makitas for sale. I said, "when should I check back?" .. The guy replies "In 3 years, we only have new ones now". I was like wtf?? In 3 years, saws could be solar powered :monkey:

I wonder if employees are steady buying/selling them or something?

The guy at my HD said it works like this.

You can buy them new through HD for I think $569. They are always for sale, but everytime they get rented the "for sale" price goes down by a set amount of dollars. They advertise them for sale once they reach a vaule, to them, of $225 but also continue to rent them.

I love threads like this one...almost as much fun as going to a political/current events forum...LOL!

Everyone's point is valid here...the guy probably does make crummy wages and has recognized a way to augment them. Some of us, me included, are a little bugged because we cant get one of those HD 6401's for $205. The two nearest HD's to me do not even rent chainsaws, and niether of them carry anything larger than 40cc.

There ARE advantages, however, to living in a rural area, not close to a bigger town with a lot of big-box stores. Maybe that's part of why the HD's don't rent them...anyone with a NEED for a "real" saw either has one or uses his brother-in-law's!

I'm not worried, really (running right now):
Jonsered:
630...w/aftermarket 268 (non xp)-style replacement jug
670...w/272 jug
Husky:
268xp
395xp
Homelite:
EZ-XL's and SEZ's
SXL's
5-20'2
4-20
mod#17's
EZ-6

I think I could cut some wood if I wasn't supposed to be in bed, recuperating.

Back