here's the new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim thank you very much for walking through this purchase with me. i appreciate your help. and i thank you for baiting the others to answer some of my questions. and also for getting it work ready. mighty nice of ya.

660 magnum with a 28inch bar running the RSC chain. and the DP muffler.

i can only hope to believe that my present saw needs are met. although it might be nice to have an 80cc saw. lol

the saw line up now reads like this.

ms 200t with a 338xp for back up. (both with 14 inch bars)

dolmar ps540 with 16 inch bar

359 now a non etech with 18 inch bar

371xp with 20 inchbar

and now featuring the 660 magnum with a 28inch bar

i guess i do need a 80cc saw with a 24 inch bar after all. but i'll make due. lol

Last edited:
Jim thank you very much for walking through this purchase with me. i appreciate your help. and i thank you for baiting the others to answer some of my questions. and also for getting it work ready. mighty nice of ya.

660 magnum with a 28inch bar running the RSC chain.

i can only hope to believe that my present saw needs are met. although it might be nice to have an 80cc saw. lol

the saw line up now reads like this.

ms 200t with a 338xp for back up. (both with 14 inch bars)

dolmar ps540 with 16 inch bar

359 now a non etech with 18 inch bar

371xp with 20 inchbar

and now featuring the 660 magnum with a 28inch bar

i guess i do need a 80cc saw with a 24 inch bar after all. but i'll make due. lol

Congrats on the 660.

Now you have two Stihl's, two huksy's (not counting the back up) and one one dolmar......you know what that means.

The 7900 will fill your void with the 2nd dolmar and a bad azz saw to run a 24" bar. lol

Good luck with CAS

No problem! It was great to have you up, and to answer all your questions. That is a great saw, that I am sure will fill your saw needs for some time to come. It was awesome to finally meet LB........the dog.

Any more questions feel free to call or stop by.

Any issues call me immediately and I will tend to them personally.

Good luck!

Now its time to get you bit with the Modified saw bug.....judging by the ginormous smile in the rain Friday, you're not far from getting a serious case of Modifiedsawanitus!

Congrats oldirty!!! nothing like a new family member!!

LXT................

cant wait to see the chips flying on your next job good choice on saw.dolmar 7900 or stihl 460 or the only 2 i would go with.

congrats on the saw!

awesome dog.wish you brought him when i met you.i need to get up there one of these days.i'd love to me BB.what lines do you carry BB?

the Dolmar 7900 is a nasty saw.you will like it.nice lineup you got going.

BB,when's the next shindig? figure it's the only way i'll meet the eastern Mass gang!

the Dolmar 7900 is a nasty saw.you will like it.nice lineup you got going.

BB,when's the next shindig? figure it's the only way i'll meet the eastern Mass gang!

ive got a quite a few hours on that 7900 a few years ago. before the hoopla. dude i was working for bought them out of groveland mass. guy who had the store was a good dude. i bought my first saw and spikes from him. and a couple of ropes. handsaw too!wasnt too bad of a ride out to his shop.

anyway hornett you should make this party coming up. supposed to be a good one.

but what i meant to say in my last post was that i put about a tank and a half into that 660. 30+ inch pine logs to start with to put it under load but nothing too demanding. put it this way, after she started to get loosened up i found the oak log. a big fattie.

yup. i am going to like this saw. i cant wait to put this thing on a butt cut.

after i put a coupla few more tanks through it to let it get itself all sorted out i am going to have a little sitdown with it. you know what i mean....

and then i need to put a couple bucks away and get a 42in skiptoof. just in case something rather large needs a cut or two.

any one have a good 42in bar recommendation.

thanks for the replies fellas. this saw is going to be a beast.

respect to the stihl 660 magnum.

oldirty

when and where?

ive got a quite a few hours on that 7900 a few years ago. before the hoopla. dude i was working for bought them out of groveland mass. guy who had the store was a good dude. i bought my first saw and spikes from him. and a couple of ropes. handsaw too!wasnt too bad of a ride out to his shop.

anyway hornett you should make this party coming up. supposed to be a good one.

i'll be there.you should have my cell.if not pm me

Latest posts

Back