Hey guys. Keep my father in your thoughts and prayers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family.

Just had a guy I work with whose son was/is a member here pass away at 60. It was an all of the sudden deal. It absolutely sucks and there really isn't any more you can say about it.

Thoughts and Prayers again.

Chucka.......this is sad news.....you spoke to me of this at the maine GTG...dark times....both my parents have passed so I do know of what you are feeling. My dad 2 wks short of 93 was stand up all the way and busy to the end...had a great visit with him and my mom and a very close friend of mine who they really liked the afternoon he went. He went home, had supper and that was that...we were very close..

My mom went 2 yr later but it took a yr for her to depart...that was the worst....I imagine more like what you and your family have had to deal with.....it all sucks but it is the great circle of life and cannot be avoided. I used to work with an old down east minister and when things got tough on the job he used to say "HRUMPH Tough life...lucky to make it out alive" then he'd smile.....

I am not a regious man so prayers are not my way..but my thoughts and sympathys are going out to you and yours.............it's always a life changer for the ones remaining for a number of ways...my dad has been gone 13 yrs and I still will see something he would have been interested in and can't help but think "I'll have to tell the ol man about that" .......it used to make me sad......these days I actually enjoy that feeling....peace be with you all....you have all the best.....but don't go to Ogunqiut on an overnight again LOL!!!!!!

I went through it last year. My dad was 63 as well. Cancer took him in 8 months. He fought it till they told him he needed to be on a respirator. I was in the room when he decided to decline life support and wanted to go home for his final days. If you need to talk please PM me and I will give you my number.

MIKE

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words.

I am not a man of prayer or a man of faith myself. But if such powers beyond our existence exist he could sure use the help of those in charge of those powers. And keeping him in everyone's thoughts is just a great way to be supportive.

I thank you all.

Hi Jason:

You don't know me, but we're all brothers with one Father. My prayers and condolences go out to you and yours, with a special prayer that God gives you all the strength to see you through this time of sorrow.

Don <><

Makes us all think about those that are important to us. Thoughts and prayers for your father, you and family.

Jason,

Your online personality cracks me up. We have talked a couple of times and you seem like I great guy; too bad you were not closer I would help you out any way I could. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

A Nice quote about Dads:
"A discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later... that the man before him was not an aging father but a boy, a boy much like himself, a boy who grew up and had a child of his own and, as best he could, out of a sense of duty and, perhaps love, adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life". ~Tom Wolfe
Be strong!

Sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you Jason. If you want someone to talk to you can use the number in my sig. My Dad passed when I was 18. Be thankful for the memories my friend.

A Nice quote about Dads:
"A discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later... that the man before him was not an aging father but a boy, a boy much like himself, a boy who grew up and had a child of his own and, as best he could, out of a sense of duty and, perhaps love, adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life". ~Tom Wolfe
Be strong!

Hear..hear..... very good quote Skippy

Sorry to hear the news chuck'r Ill pray for him tonight and every night untill needed. God bless your father and may he be at peace.

Thats sad news there ole Chucker. Sounds as though you've braced yourself and reached out as well and both are good things. Pop has been a fighter you say, a good father, a good husband, well there is the answer your seeking. Be like your pop, be strong and do what he would want you to do. He would want you taking care of mom and taking his place in the family. From how you described him thats exactly what he would want you to. You do that and your pop will never die for he lives within you always...

Chuck: My deepest sympathy and prayer for you, to be strong emotionally, and for the family, that winds of healing comfort their hearts.
May God Bless

Latest posts

Back