Hey Ropen... Stihl will cut your house down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a fool would store his Stihl's on a house corner... and it wodl take a smart dog to find them any where else... Funny thing is, I never see a dog anywhere but the corners..

Nope... Had to stop for a while. This week:

Just layed in a new driveway and excavated the area with a borrowed track hoe... lolol been 35 years since I operated one (maybe an hour..). Took me a couple of days to get my act togther - harder to do a good job than it looked. Of course, I had to learn how to excavate, grade, lay in crushed rock and build a rock a wall... I unfortunately decided to remove a "muddy spot", and dug out a spring. Sea of mud for a day... Looks good now though.

I'm putting in a big concrete barrier at our dam overflow (concrete pour Tuesday). Screwed up the transit reading and had to dig out 3 yards of hard pack by hand (I'd sent the hoe back...).

And then there's the 165 foot 84 year old doug fir I had RBtree drop in my neighbours place.... I split and hauled the top 110 feet this weekend. The only mistake he made (apart from missing the drop target ;)) was to use the 3120 instead of a real saw. He has the pics...

Sure does buff out the body... I can take on any girlie husky now:cheers:

Last edited:
Here is on old dawg notice he ain't in no corner!

Then the pack also not in a corner!

I know those flea-bitten old dogs... have to fix fuel lines and threads (lots of them) for RBtree... I wish he'd sell those saws...

attachment.php

Nope... Had to stop for a while. This week:

Just layed in a new driveway and excavated the area with a borrowed track hoe... lolol been 35 years since I operated one. Took me a couple of days to get my act togther - harder to do a good job than it looked. Of couse, I had to learn how to excavate, grade, lay in crushed rock and build a rock a wall... I unfortunately I decided to remove a "muddy spot", and dug out a spring. Sea of mud for a day... Looks good now though.

I'm putting in a big concrete barrier at our dam overflow (concrete pour Tuesday). Screwed up the transit reading and had to dig out 3 yards of hard pack by hand (I'd sent the hoe bacK...).

And then there's the 165 foot 84 year old dough fir I had RBtree drop in my neighbours place.... I split and hauled the top 110 feet this weekend. The only mistake he made (apart from missing the drop target ;)) was to use the 3120 instead of a real saw. He has the pics...

Sure does buff out the body... I can take on any girle husky now:cheers:

:laugh: So ya done some clean up :clap: I have done it too long
so your probably gonna have my old azz lol ! I may have seen the RB
job and he does some good work with them husky's:clap:
I have one stihl Ms 200 and she's a fine runner so far but
wow 600.00 for a trim saw:cry: I hope I don't drop it!

I have one stihl Ms 200 and she's a fine runner so far but
wow 600.00 for a trim saw:cry: I hope I don't drop it!

You will.... :greenchainsaw:

I can't believe how many handles and tanks I fit every month to dropped 200's... amazingly they always bounce back - rare to have case damage.

Last edited:
I know those flea-bitten old dogs... have to fix fuel lines and threads (lots of them) for RBtree... I wish he'd sell those saws...

attachment.php

Oh now ya done it ya done gone and made him itch and the
only cure for him is a date with Ms 200:laugh: Of course he
is going to have to fight two 372s and one 395 for a little
action:hmm3grin2orange:

Nice Bronco!!!!! Did you get to throw a deer or two on it this year? Our rifle season doesn't begin until December 4th.

Need a Stihl or two to go with the Bronco...........

Or sell it to a man that likes stihls lol!
Yeah got two deer six point and a doe so far post rut now
so bucks are slow but I should get another deer or two to fill the tag!

Here's Andy hard at work on the little fir......it was so easy to split, he has his invisble light saber turned off...

3054490887_155cea2827_o.jpg

Ummm, it turned out to be a maul after all.....
3054491195_b5a2285c3c_o.jpg

Now we know where the rest of the truck window glass went.....
3054491509_2c6303bf25_o.jpg

While the crew chipped the brush (nearly 18 yards worth) from the fir which we'd dropped and lined out Friday when my chipper was broken down, I took a bunch of photos...and sold jobs to two more of Andy's neighbors.....one is a 160 foot fir lodged in another...lucky there's room to cut it and pull it down. Should be able to salvage logs from it....

Here's a couple pics of the paradise that is Lake Tuck....
3054490359_76f7a45bba_o.jpg

Dewdrop laden Japanese maple
3055326466_8190140240_o.jpg

Focus is on the dried plant, the out of focus dewdrops are now large orbs
3055326406_c67c160c4e_o.jpg

A happy family of hooded mergansers frolicking in the sunshine
3055327476_0aa53265d3_o.jpg

3054491803_18d095b9c7_o.jpg

3055327656_a1bc47332f_o.jpg

These shots were done handheld, with my 70-200 IS lens, and stacked teleconverters, so effective focal length about 730mm, with the Canon 1D Mkll. (that's about 14 power...)

Forgot and shot in small Jpeg file sizes, so this is nearly full size.

Last edited:
A happy family of hooded mergansers frolicking in the sunshine
3055327476_0aa53265d3_o.jpg

3054491803_18d095b9c7_o.jpg

3055327656_a1bc47332f_o.jpg

These shots were done handheld, with my 70-200 IS lens, and stacked teleconverters, so effective focal length about 730mm, with the Canon 1D Mkll. (that's about 14 power...)

Forgot and shot in small Jpeg file sizes, so this is nearly full size.

It is those sights that make ya wonder how people can work in a factory:cheers:

Back