Hey Ropen... Stihl will cut your house down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
It sure is pretty up there. Looks almost paradise. How is the rock climbing out there?????

The day I drove through Washington was over cast..... did see a neat yard full of amazing metal sculptures on the way out of Mt. Rainier park. Wish I had gone in and gotten a picture book, sum really cool stuff.

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
It is those sights that make ya wonder how people can work in a factory:cheers:

Or a jail. I keep telling the staff I want a window in my classroom that faces the sun, but they just shrug their shoulders and roll their eyes.......and shuffle away like gulag minions.....:dunno:

Actually they are really cool people for the most part, they seem to be willing to put up with me...:dizzy:

I post pics like the above in my room, just so the kids will remember that there is beauty out there.

rbtree

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
How is the rock climbing out there?????
QUOTE]

A lot more and better than Kansas.....

Google Index Town Wall ....granite.....up to 7 pitches, some dead vert.....5.6 to 5.14

...... or Liberty Crack on Liberty Bell Mountain.... Grade V, about 13 pitches, 5.10 A0 or 5.13

for starters....

For Andy, the little Husky....still hungry after all these years....

3055482810_db95de0fbf_o.jpg

brncreeper

brncreeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
How is the rock climbing out there?????
QUOTE]

A lot more and better than Kansas.....

Google Index Town Wall ....granite.....up to 7 pitches, some dead vert.....5.6 to 5.14

...... or Liberty Crack on Liberty Bell Mountain.... Grade V, about 13 pitches, 5.10 A0 or 5.13

for starters....

For Andy, the little Husky....still hungry after all these years....

3055482810_db95de0fbf_o.jpg

Saved the best pic for last I see.

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
lolol... Yep.. that's exactly how my back window got smashed, and.. why the truck has about 57 dents... but that's only 3 misses per year.:greenchainsaw:

I don't know what's going on, but every time RB takes my pic, I have less hair. I look in the mirror each morning, and it's back. Hmmm.... :monkey:

Frolicking? So that's what they call three males and one female ;) The Hooded Merganser's guard the nest box (15 feet up a doug fire near the water) tree all winter. Then in spring the Buffleheads throw them out for a few weeks, but the Wood Ducks soon take over. We typically get two hatchings of Wood Ducks, then late in the Summer they all start "dumping" eggs in the box. I can have 25 eggs to throw out before the next spring..

Last edited:
Fastcast

Fastcast

Addicted to ArboristSite
but the Wood Ducks soon take over. We typically get two hatchings of Wood Ducks, then late in the Summer they all start "dumping" eggs in the box. I can have 25 eggs to throw out before the next spring..

Now dem Woodys be some good eatin! :) :) :givebeer:

But they be damn hard to hit! :mad: :censored:

ropensaddle

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
lolol... Yep.. that's exactly how my back window got smashed, and.. why the truck has about 57 dents... but that's only 3 misses per year.:greenchainsaw:

I don't know what's going on, but every time RB takes my pic, I have less hair. I look in he mirror each morning, an it's back. Hmmm.... :monkey:

Frolicking? So that's what they call three males and one female ;) The Hooded Merganser's guard the nest box (15 feet up a doug fire near the water) tree all winter. Then in spring the Buffleheads throw them out for a few weeks, but the Wood Ducks soon take over. We typically get two hatchings of Wood Ducks, then late in the Summer they all start "dumping" eggs in the box. I can have 25 eggs to throw out before the next spring..

Eyup he needs to warn us on sunny days the reflection of
the sun and the capacity of his camera are hard on the eyes:cheers:

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
And.... the doug fir stump fought to the bitter end, but lost....

My buddy Jake - I put him in pictures for "perspective". He's 8 feet tall. Note the bottom 60 feet in the dump truck... Fire-wood exchanged for borrowing a track hoe ;)
attachment.php

20 minutes later... after busting off 4 huge tap roots.
attachment.php

Off to the forest for a "re-plant". Critters love the holes beneath and in a year or two you'll never tell it didn't grow there...

attachment.php

Last edited:
rbtree

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wow!! So how much time,start to finish, did it take Mike to do the stump, less than an hour?

Andy, you did get the video of me dropping that stick....I downloaded today's videos...and a couple extra and there it was...for some reason, I musta missed it when I put that stuff on the laptop Friday....

I'll put it up later.....plus today's work, on another thread. the speedlining brush up and out is cool...

Check out my flickr site for more of what I shot at your place....I think it's pretty good. Whaddya think of that lens combo, not bad, for handheld, eh?!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157609844617237/

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
About 30-40 minutes to tear out the stump; maybe another 40 minutes to fill and regrade the entire area... perfect digging conditions though - space, dry soil...

Great pics.... if I wasn't working so hard, I'd have taken a few myself;)

Last edited:
rbtree

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
that'd be one crooked cabin....see'n as, like ole Billy, all them Arkansassy logs is crookid.......

course, I wuz foteen when we moved on to Canuckistan from Searcy....I did visit Hot Springs once, purty place! And climbed (err walked up) my first mountain...errr.... hill, at it's lofty height of 2800 feet, it is you flatlander's proudest teton....

ropensaddle

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
that'd be one crooked cabin....see'n as, like ole Billy, all them Arkansassy logs is crookid.......

course, I wuz foteen when we moved on to Canuckistan from Searcy....I did visit Hot Springs once, purty place! And climbed (err walked up) my first mountain...errr.... hill, at it's lofty height of 2800 feet, it is you flatlander's proudest teton....

Mt magazine is the highest peak and is officially a mountain!
I know they are not quite the same as the rocky's but hardly
qualify as flatlander either! I really at my age don't want to climb
mountains or hill higher than we have here:cheers: I can assure
you there is some straight pine timber round these parts:laugh:
I really don't know if I would have the time to broad axe a cabin out
though but would be fun to give it a whirl!