Hey Troll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
Full disclosure..I LOVE my Glocks..I have 6 of them in .40s&w and .45

Glock showed a 9mm shot 100,000 rounds without a single mis-feed..or mis-fire (excuse the -..)

I know HK makes super quality...have they anything to match Glocks feed performance..?? Just curious..
:cheers:
J2F

My Blackhawks never mis feed...
They can also hit a real target at real distance...
Like a hundred yards...
Just can't warm up to semi autos...

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a S&W 5906 and the only thing plastic on it that I can see is the grip. For a lot of shooting it's a heavy sob, bring on the plastic :msp_ohmy:

Oh and the best place to stand is directly in front of me. Wearing bright colors. Possibly in the design of a target of sorts. Totally safe, no worries.

Hugenpoet

Hugenpoet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey that's a bit harsh. Crikey!!!
Even though my genes pretty well date back to the first fleet...

All kidding aside, I have great respect for Australians. My father, who never liked talking about war and NEVER said anything he didn't believe, said the Australians were "the toughest, bravest and most reliable fighting men" he ever saw in his 3 years in the Pacific. He described with great admiration the Aussie Rangers who climbed the Owen Stanley Range from south to north and stopped the Japanese army dead in its tracks.

sawfun9

sawfun9

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'll take a metal 1911 and 024 over a Glock and 025 any day. A 1911 just feels like it's part of my hand, and the 024 doesn't spit out AV rubbers.

bucknfeller

bucknfeller

Opportunistic Hooligan
I'll take a metal 1911 and 024 over a Glock and 025 any day. A 1911 just feels like it's part of my hand, and the 024 doesn't spit out AV rubbers.

I can agree with you on the 1911, but that 024 business is just nonsense. :D I don't question the Glocks reliability, and they are surely easier to carry, but hitting something with it... that's a whole different story. I havn't tried one yet that fits my hand as good as my Colts, Ruger's , and Beretta's.

tdi-rick

tdi-rick

Addicted to ArboristSite
From a non shooters perspective the Glocks point well.

Too many years ago now, a very good mate was the chief 'defensive skills instructor' for a Federal Agency here and I got to play on their indoor range on the top floor of a building high above the skyline of a certain large city.

With minimal handling, no semi-auto experience at all, only about a dozen rounds through two revolvers several years prior and with absolutely no forewarning I was put through their entire qualification course and was able to qualify except for the double tap/ reload/shoot scenario as I tried to slam the mag in backwards. :msp_blushing: IIRC that was a target flip, (visible) double tap/centre mass, drop mag/reload, another (single) shot, target invisible in three seconds at I think 5m
All shots were on target and would've been lethal, which shocked me as I was point shooting.

Anything out to 25m aimed was fine.

FWIW my mate preferred an S&W revolver or an S&W semi-auto, or a SIG or Berretta to the Glocks too, he just didn't like the feel in his hand but acknowledged that they were the right choice for his colleagues.

Latest posts