hey, who had that 5-49 with no carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heviarti

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was up in council this weekend, and brought home some saws, and some parts. I have a mac two man carb sitting in my shop. I remember someone here has a 5-49 with no carb, and is too broke to buy one. if you want the carb, it's yours.

I also have from the two man saw a piston, rod, and cylinder, crankcase, some gears, a sprocket, half the fuel tank, some covers, and part of the rotary valve. those are for sale for anyone who needs them, or if you are broke like me (which means too broke to buy a burrito...) I'll give you the parts you need. I'd just appreciate it if those who are not broke pay for their parts....

I brought home a promac 850 and a super pro 80... already sold them..

I also brought home a complete Super 44A. new clutch, new chain, new plug, beautiful blue spark, compression, sprayed it with ether and it doesn't even pop. I have no idea what it's problem is. suggestions are welcome.

for the bp-1 people, as soon as i get to banks next, I'll have something for you... and me. my ???? 6-10 busted a fuel line. I had the carb out and guess I didn't get it back in the right kind of curlicue.... *pop* of course the tank started leaking too, after I got the thing mounted solid like it's supposed to be... so I'll get a tank gasket as well.

I've attempted the introduction of ether by four methods. plug hole, exhaust port, carb and airbox.
I also tried adding oil to the chamber and cycling it a few times to bring my compression up.

Latest posts

Back