Hey wood cutting brothers,can you lend a hand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Being as I know how helpful and giving the brotherhood of wood cutters can be I thought to throw out a request.
You see upon reading my email this A.M. there was this one......

I am sorry to bother you with this problem, but i just arrived in Spain on an impromptu trip. I am in a terrible situation where i was robbed of luggage and wallet in a cab on the way to the hotel.
i would be needing your help in getting back home.will be waiting too read from you soon.
regards
mark

I am unable to help him due to the fact that I too was robbed...you see my government has it's hands deep in my pocket and it wants more.So maybe someone here is a bit more flush...:msp_rolleyes::msp_rolleyes:

Looks like someone is an imposter Mark Heimann...

Mark, as far as I know, always uses proper capitalization and punctuation... so that seems to be a attempt by someone to get some free money.

A while back, a friend of mine got a similar email from a 'girl' who was in 'distress' and needed money and so on. He thought it fishy right from the get-go. He played along for a while by trying to get more info. The more he inquired, the more fishy the story got and eventually he quit messing with the 'girl'.

Kevin

Unfortunately there are people that are gullible enough to fall for this stuff so they keep trying. I can't even try to sell something on Craigslist with out getting 10 e-mails from scammers.:msp_cursing: I wish I knew enough to be able to send them all a virus.

Here's another one from today....

Good day,

I presume this email comes to you with surprise and easily for you to grow apprehensive, since there hasn’t been any previous contact. I have communicated with independently and tend to keep this private.

I am Paul Graham a Financier in Gloucestershire, UK and the official receiver in charge of administering the funds from the sale of the assets of a named Bankruptcy Estate here in the United Kingdom .

In unfolding this proposal, I want to count on you as a respected and honest person to handle this transaction with sincerity, trust and confidentiality. I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation with you in the execution of a transaction described hereunder for the benefit of all parties.

By virtue of my position as the trustee of the bankruptcy estate, I have processed the claims of all the creditors and also issued out cheques for their claims. However, a certain surplus is yet to be disbursed out. To this end, I am seeking your assistance to help secure these funds.

Full details of this transaction will be provided once, you signal your interest to assist. I guarantee all dealings will be executed under a legitimate background that will protect all parties involved from any breach of law. I expect your urgent response and if in the affirmative, with a confirmation of your full names, direct telephone lines and present location and I shall advice you further.

Kind Regards,
Mr. Graham.

Good day,

I presume this email comes to you with surprise and easily for you to grow apprehensive, since there hasn’t been any previous contact. I have communicated with independently and tend to keep this private.

I am Paul Graham a Financier in Gloucestershire, UK and the official receiver in charge of administering the funds from the sale of the assets of a named Bankruptcy Estate here in the United Kingdom .

In unfolding this proposal, I want to count on you as a respected and honest person to handle this transaction with sincerity, trust and confidentiality. I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation with you in the execution of a transaction described hereunder for the benefit of all parties.

By virtue of my position as the trustee of the bankruptcy estate, I have processed the claims of all the creditors and also issued out cheques for their claims. However, a certain surplus is yet to be disbursed out. To this end, I am seeking your assistance to help secure these funds.

Full details of this transaction will be provided once, you signal your interest to assist. I guarantee all dealings will be executed under a legitimate background that will protect all parties involved from any breach of law. I expect your urgent response and if in the affirmative, with a confirmation of your full names, direct telephone lines and present location and I shall advice you further.

Kind Regards,
Mr. Graham.

Well, ran it thru MS Word and it passed with flying colors......

:laugh::laugh:

Good day,

Kind Regards,
Mr. Graham.

Dayum my procrastination. I had that letter on my desk waiting to be answered. They must have gotten tired waiting and now I have lost out.

Harry K

Did you notice all these guys talk like Yoda? I guess that's what happens when you try to translate Mandarin with Babelfish.
Or it is the same guy that does the instructions for Ikea furniture.

Although I find it somewhat annoying when I get these emails...I do chuckle. I mean really. Who in their right mind would send them $$$....and for them to think I'll fall over...yup u huh here ya go.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

they hack gmail and hotmail accounts and get your email addresses.

then they send emails to the people in your contact list as being you, stating the same thing: they are stuck and need money asap...usually asking for a wire transfer.

naturally, your friends think it's you and.......

i know some one this happened to recently.

Although I find it somewhat annoying when I get these emails...I do chuckle. I mean really. Who in their right mind would send them $$$....and for them to think I'll fall over...yup u huh here ya go.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If it didnt work once in a while, they wouldn't do it. They target the elderly and over generous religious types. Sad, sick world we live in...

If it didnt work once in a while, they wouldn't do it. They target the elderly and over generous religious types. Sad, sick world we live in...

It's a sad state of affairs we live in to have predators targeting folks with big harts.

It's a sad state of affairs we live in to have predators targeting folks with big harts.

Yep, I have to constantly watch over my 82yo grandmother. She's just the type they're after. Thankfully, she doesn't have email, but the telephone is another evil.

I got a live chat on Facebook once, supposedly from an old high school friend. "She" said she and her husband were in London on vacation and had been robbed of money, passport and airline tickets. She wanted me to wire her money so they could get home.

First of all, we were not THAT close of friends. I'm not the one she'd be running to. Her parents are still living and well. She has two brothers. Secondly, her husband is a captain for a major airline. They would not have needed to buy tickets to fly, plus, even if they did, all tickets now are "paperless" so all she would have to do it print off new boarding passes.

This person knew a little bit about me because my friend's Facebook account had been hacked and some posts between my friend and me had been read. So, I asked questions that would never have been discussed: Like...

1. What part did she sing in our high school choir? "She" replied Alto. (She was actually in band, not choir.)
2. What was the unique little car her dad used to driver? "She said Mustang. (actually, a little yellow Metropolitan Rambler.)
3. What did her dad do for a living? "She" said he was in the Army. (Her dad had been the high school band director for decades.)

At this point I told them to "F--- off and die." I got in contact with my real friend and told her to change her password right away.

WTG on busting that person!:rock::rock::rock:

Did I ever tell you of that Russian gal that wanted to be my wife...omg!
It got to the point that her Mom was in a bus accident and need $$$ before she could fly over at my expense. It was funny how mad she got when I was dragging my feet on sending her the cash Western Union.
1st off I wasn't looking for a wife...it was a FB deal too. I looked up her name...she's scammed countless guys out of cash. I got her to send me her passport...then I told her I turned her into the authorities. She ran like a deer ...too funny!

Last edited:
Back