Hi from Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chop chop

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all , not sure where to put this introduction so if its in the wrong place then please remove.

My name is gary I live in sunny Queensland, I am a complete novice with a chainsaw , I just trim a few branches here and there on our block and cut firewood up once or twice a year .... I was on the net looking for info on my Stihl 190T and came across this website...looks like a great site , hopefully you pro's dont mind part time beginers like me :dizzy:.... I have spent a few days reading different threads and i can see there are many knoweldgable people in here , anyway i hope to get a decent education on chainsaws and meet some good people :cheers:

Welcome aboard.

Bring some rubber boots, it can get deep in here at times!

Please post pictures of your saw.:cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:

Welcome to the sight...there is a world of info to be found here!
As stated above bring your boots to wade through the BS!
:cheers:

G'Day

G'Day mate, and welcome to AS. This is indeed an awesome site for chainsaw information, but stick around and you'll contract CAD, or Chainsaw Acquisition Disease. Fortunately, there's a cure: more chain saws.

Also, you aren't the only Aussie here; there are a number of regular posters from down under. So maybe you can hook up with them if you need some hands-on advice.

Olyeller

Hi all , not sure where to put this introduction so if its in the wrong place then please remove.
i hope to get a decent education on chainsaws and meet some good people :cheers:

Gary, I recommend you pack up your saw and leave right now before you get suckered in too far. This place is EVIL, the members are zombies and vampires that sit up all night on front of keyboards and monitors suckering in new blood. Before you know it you will be trapped and have wasted great slabs of time and you will develop a crippling (to wallet and mind) chainsaw acquisition disease (CAD) . . . .

Leave now, before it's toooooo laaaaate!

Chop,
Good day, mate. Welcome to the room and watch out for those tiger and brown snakes in your neck of the woods.

sbu337.jpg
send pics we love it tom trees:cheers:

thanks for welcome guys , I will take my rubber boots out of the shed immediately and sit them next to the PC to be worn for all future visits to site.:)

here's a quick snap of my little beasty , not eaxactly hanging out of a tree lol
IMG_0986.jpg

Last edited:
See Chop Chop , we like lots of pics , we can't get enough and we still get excited over our common north american trees but those foreign and exotic trees are the chainsaw p##n we're looking for .

:cheers:

Great pic tomtree58 !

Welcome aboard.

Bring some rubber boots, it can get deep in here at times!

Please post pictures of your saw.:cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:
Naw, you want some tall leather wellingtons, make shure thier waterproofed. it can get pretty roungh too, you want all the protection you can get. :)so run over to Red Wing shoes now.. I reccomend the 1170s and 2292 loggers lol.:cheers:

Bob, I don't have CAD yet, and I've been reading this site for quite a while.. Though you will begin to lust over a 390XP :dizzy:

Last edited:
anyway i hope to get a decent education on chainsaws and meet some good people :cheers:

Welcome, and well met!

You will get both here. I haven't been here long, but I already know it's a great neighborhood. Some of the neighbors get a little feisty after a few too many lagers in front of the keyboard, but hey, it's the Internet, and it's easier to ignore Internet fools than fools next door to your house. :D :D

You'll run into some the the most knowledgeable saw folks anywhere in here. Lots of great expertise and advice! :givebeer:

Hello chop chop, welcome to the site , I see you only have one chainsaw.. I wonder how long that will last :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back