Hi from Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day chop chop,

You have indeed come to the right place to get information on saws. Like gmax said - one saw: I wonder how long that will last!

I hope you enjoy the site and glad to see another Aussie on board.

Regards,

Chris.

Or you are running too short a bar. :)

yeah and don't forget grey gum or ironbark. They just don't understand...

Welcome to the site chop chop - more aussies are always needed. You have the highest rep to post count ever I think (that's the green/orange bar under your avatar - when some 'likes' a post they rep you. It's kind of a status rank thing)

G'day and welcome, chop chop.

Have you ported that lil' sucker yet? ....how bout a muffler mod?? Darn, I'm sure we can get it to spin out to 19K rpm. :givebeer:

See? I'm hooked after only a couple of months here. :cheers:

b4b.

good to have you.

and yes be carefull here, im actualy new here to but ive quit my job and sold my cars and guns to afford chainsaws and i spent avery waking minute here. its addicting:chainsawguy:

see its 330 am here ive been sitn here since 300 and well i think my wifes leaveing me today because she cant stand all the chainsaw madness. says the 056 was the last straw.

well not realy none of that happend but i guess it could so be carefull.

and glad to have you

Evan

just a normal idaho sunrise
GEDC1447.jpg

my little ones, Bryce is the reason im up early this morning.
GEDC1574.jpg

welcome to a new member from downunder ! Beware of the amercian folks here...they have a lot of sawdust in their boots...LOL.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wsqGQseCyl4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wsqGQseCyl4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>:jawdrop:wt:censored:tom trees

b4b ; no I havent ported it yet but judging the madness in here I dont think it will be to long before i am looking for more "power" :chainsawguy:

Evan, thanks for the advice , my wife says I should just move the computer up into the shed that way i would never need to come out of it.....I hope Aboristsite.com isnt the final for me :eek:

Oregon, yes we are a friendly lot so long as you dont mess with a mans dirtbikes and his chainsaws and :givebeer:

IMG_0988.jpg

Evan, great pics mate, sunrise on the east coast of Queensland is 5am and even with the great welcome i've been given its sunday morning here so my backyard at 9am is the best i can do.... I'd post a pic of my two boys but they woke me up at 7am so they're in the dog house.

Hey Aussie. Which high country track was that photo taken on? I love the Victorian Alps & have walked or 4WD most of the high country in the last 35 yrs & know it well.
Gonna be a long time till those snow gums recover from the fires.

Hey Aussie. Which high country track was that photo taken on? I love the Victorian Alps & have walked or 4WD most of the high country in the last 35 yrs & know it well.
Gonna be a long time till those snow gums recover from the fires.

Hi Bushy.
It's the Mount Murray track, near Mt Hotham.

buckland0809022-2-1.jpg

Back camping in the Buckland Valley in a week and a half and just can't wait.
Just another part of this beautiful world.
Can give co-ordinates if your into it.

DSCF2343.jpg

Sorry for the highjack Gary

Last edited:
that is one heck of a backyard. id like to come visit.

a small world

I have not been a member long enough to give you a proper welcome,
but welcome & best wishes anyway.

One of my friends son has hooked up with a gal from Perth AUS.
he met in Chicago.
I thought the men roared and the women thundered in the land down
under. She is kinda quiet, so far as I have seen.

I have not been a member long enough to give you a proper welcome,
but welcome & best wishes anyway.

One of my friends son has hooked up with a gal from Perth AUS.
he met in Chicago.
I thought the men roared and the women thundered in the land down
under. She is kinda quiet, so far as I have seen.

i dont think you will be the lucky one to see her thunder:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

And seeing as we are showing backyards in Oz, here's the view SW from our house across the paddock from June (winter) a couple of years ago just after we bought the place.
Sorry for the image quality, still capture on the vidcam and then re-sized a few times.

june62007020-copy.jpg

After too many high 30/low 40*C days and no reasonable rain for quite a while, it's looking a little parched ATM.

Latest posts

Back