Hi from the UK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlseawolf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just thought i would say hello, as i joined a couple of days ago to find a diffrent way of collecting and chopping firewood.

The first thing i noticed was the amount of wood you gather in a season just to get through compared to the uk , i burn about 3 cords in the winter months and thats not even good quality wood.

Second was the distance you travel to collect it , because i don't drive my collection points range up to a mile from where i live and taken home on a push cart.

Third is the size of logs you handle , if i'm lucky enough to get 12" rounds then i'm doing good. This may change next year due to making contact with an arborist who will drop of his punk wood as he can't sell it.

So far the reading on here has been interesting and helpful , and i hope to be able to contribute to the forum and show some of my pics of how we do it over here (even if it's on a smaller scale).

carl

Welcome I love to see how thing are done elsewhere and not just here in the states but than again what we have to do in the North or the West, East is far different that what we do in the South. Things change a lot around the States let alone around the world, Again welcome

I have been added up the stiches I have in the past 32 years only around 27 but add up the times I should have could be twice as many still I have been Lucky, cuts from Polesaws falling , Hand saws, two chainsaws, climbing spurs those you can't stich up. all in all 13 you are off to a great start, now just don't do that again. Take Care gald you came

Latest posts

Back