Hi Ranger vs Teco Saturn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwbinbc

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying My first bucket truck. Which is better out of the two? The Hi Ranger is a 52'/57' older one, The Teco Saturn is over-center 47'/52'.
The Teco is newer but is it worth the more flexable boom over the reach of the older one? I wanted a 65'/70' but who doesn't? The trucks are in the $8-$10k range. A couple have chip beds, And a couple don't. I can get can get either boom with or without a chip bed. There is one truck for $6k with the teco and a dump But I don't want to get a lemon.

What are some pointer on buying and shopping for a good starter bucket

Take a loan and get a good one,i sure wish i had of years ago after having crappy buckets that cost $$$.

makes jobs easier,safer,more profitable and great advertising.

just MHO

What are some pointer on buying and shopping for a good starter bucket

Buy something that is still being made, otherwise parts price & availability will be expensive and/or have a long lead time.

Buy something that has a current inspection and dietest from a reputable inspection company.

I wish I could get a loan,grant whatever. I hear of other people getting loans and grants but I don't know how they do it. I have a house paid in full, They would give Me a loan against it. My price range is tops around 10k. I see a couple places offer payments on nicer trucks But they want almost new prices. I'm a small tree service and cant afford a 1k monthly payment in the winter when things get slow. Thanks for the input But price is a big issuse for me right now...

Latest posts

Back