High needle all the way in still rich

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post a pic and I'll let you know if the lever is at the correct level. You don't want it set too low.
I really don't want to take it back apart it is the first time I have got it to tune close to the suggested 1 turn out. Right now it is a 3/4 before it had to be at a 16th to 1/8 and throttle was still a wee sluggish. It is about 2 paper thickness below dish.

I do have another question the high needle still has to be turned completely in. Now I am tuning with only a 20" bar running 50:1 dolmar synthetic oil with 91 octane no ethanol gas.
So now my theory is this saw was made when fuel was mixed at 16:1 and 32:1. Is it possible the mix is too thin with the new synthetic oil at 50:1 causing the needle to have to be seated and run high side only through the bypass?
When I start milling I will be running 32:1 with a 36" bar. I didn't want to mix separate fuel right now without having some projects inline.

Latest posts

Back