Hitachi 32 cc Top Handle Chainsaw - 159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnHermit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
May be of interest to someone.

7c1ce878-5441-468f-9374-aa8b0cdf6ea2_300.jpg

Hitachi 14 in. 32.2 cc Top Handle Chainsaw $159

Really cheap construction, Hitachi is another company ruining what used to be a good name by putting out junk. Steve

OH excellent! You have personal experience at using this specific machine! How about some pictures and and nice review to enlighten us all. Oh you don't!? Then why are you bringing misinformation up to tarnish a company? That would be like me saying "that Stihl 200 crap sure is a waste of money...". What is the sense of saying sometihng like that. You are totally discrediting your reputation.

It's a little pricier over in the UK

Hitachi CS33ET(35S) 32.3 cc 350 mm (14-inch) Chainsaw With Top Handle And Pure Fire Engine: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

£417.89 (new)

Amazon UK says its 9 lbs. Home Depot says 12. Both are too much, but if its a reliable 14" top handle saw for $159.99, that's a good deal. No HP rating, SAE, JIS, or otherwise.

EDIT: Amazon US says the Tanaka has 1.6HP.
http://www.amazon.com/Tanaka-TCS-33...id=1345756713&sr=8-2&keywords=tanaka+chainsaw

Rear handle version. Very mixed reviews FWIW:
http://www.amazon.com/Tanaka-TCS33EB-16-2-Stroke-Compliant/dp/B003B6AWGM/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in

I have no experience with Hitachi's, or Tanaka chain saws, for that matter.

HF

Last edited:
OH excellent! You have personal experience at using this specific machine! How about some pictures and and nice review to enlighten us all. Oh you don't!? Then why are you bringing misinformation up to tarnish a company? That would be like me saying "that Stihl 200 crap sure is a waste of money...". What is the sense of saying sometihng like that. You are totally discrediting your reputation.

I don't give a crap about my rep, just tell it as I see it. No I don't own a Hitachi top handle, maybe it's built better than the rear hanlde made in China built cheap Hitachi I did look over good and maybe for that price it's built just as cheap. I've never knocked a 200t or any other pro Stihl saw, the lower cc homeowner saw ARE built cheap. Steve

i've worked on enough of them that i can tell you to stay away. they are junk. nothing what tanaka was putting out under their own name.
hitachi was (WAS) a good company name, however they have really let it slip away. both in the "outdoor power equipment" and the electronics.
home hardware here in brockville is selling them for $299.00+tax. i'd rather buy the earthquake brand chainsaw from tsc store for $119.00+tax. better construction and they hold up and don't dump the oiler or clutch in a few tanks of fuel. it ain't no top handle but it works and is pretty comfy for a very cheap saw. good power after a muff mod.

Why TF do they insist on putting 14" bars on all these nasty nasty pieces of plastic shyte when they haven't even got the guts to push a 10" bar thru a 2" piece of balsa wood.... sigh...

because it isn't the quality nor the engine size that ALOT of purchasers want. bar size is the biggest selling point for a saw.
can't blame the companies for marketing these things when they're making boatloads of money from it.

Wasting $150 on cheap garbage is beyond me. Much better to find a good used saw from any one of the quality makes out there IMO and leave the junk for the landfill.

i went to a logging show today, they were selling a 32cc rear handle Tanaka for $119. The saleman told me it was made in Japan and Hitachi bought out Tanaka. Looked it over, cvheap garbage made in China right on it. Just one more company going downhill thanks to the management that wants to make money off a what was a good name. Steve

i went to a logging show today, they were selling a 32cc rear handle Tanaka for $119. The saleman told me it was made in Japan and Hitachi bought out Tanaka. Looked it over, cvheap garbage made in China right on it. Just one more company going downhill thanks to the management that wants to make money off a what was a good name. Steve

Shame, Tanaka made some good gear.

Every fencing contractor I know uses a Tanaka borer (drill) as they are (were ?) bloody good gear.

Open the Side panel on a John Deere 120c excavator and the first thing you see is HITACHI

and there small tractors are yanmars panted green IMHO the worst small tractor out there... 12 speeds and only three are usable when working....

also my nissan frontier engine (VG33e) has hitach written all over it...

personal experience

anyone can say whatever they want about these saws but unless they personally own one its a bunch of bull, i bought one about a month ago on ebay and it is what you pay for i didn't expect it to be a saw used for much more the small trail work. it is not commercial quality but for just playin around with it is perfect, i have 2 husky 262s and a jonsered 625 and i was impressed with this little saw, when i first bought it a cut about a 8 inch maple with no bogging problems at all, it is great for around the camp and got much use building the camp cutting logs and bords.

anyone can say whatever they want about these saws but unless they personally own one its a bunch of bull, i bought one about a month ago on ebay and it is what you pay for i didn't expect it to be a saw used for much more the small trail work. it is not commercial quality but for just playin around with it is perfect, i have 2 husky 262s and a jonsered 625 and i was impressed with this little saw, when i first bought it a cut about a 8 inch maple with no bogging problems at all, it is great for around the camp and got much use building the camp cutting logs and bords.

Always great to read about personal experience! Thanks for the info. Do you have some action pics? Would be like the icing on a cake :D.

Latest posts

Back