HLsupply bearings questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Barnhart

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, Im in the process of rebuilding a pretty ratted out early model Stihl 066. OEM bearings are quite spendy and i will be placing an order for a piston and a gasket set from HlSupply, anyone have experience with the aftermarket bearings? The saw wont be used much, just to buck some bigger oaks and maples from time to time. Thank you!

I have built a couple saws and used aftermarket bearings and have encountered no issues with them. In fact they look exactly like what was removed oem. My ms360 pro is running strong and it's all hutzl. Good luck with your build.

Ill have to check them out! I was reading that the PTO bearing is proprietary, but looks like theres a plethora of aftermarket bearings out there

I am planning an all aftermarket 660 build . Just about have all the parts. It should be interesting. May be a turd but will have about 500 less than what a new one costs invested.

Same here! paid 70 bucks for it, came in a cardboard all taken apart. Two AV mounts are broken off on it, so ill have to get inventive to fix that if my welder can't get the right rod to weld them back up! Theyre good project saws with a plethora of aftermarket parts

I have placed several orders with HL Supply.

The orders were shipped fast and everything was as described.

I have not had any problems with any item I received from them.

I had a item destroyed in shipment and they immediately replaced it.

There are some aftermarket bearings that are better then OEM out there but are a little hard on the wallet.

I have placed several orders with HL Supply.

The orders were shipped fast and everything was as described.

I have not had any problems with any item I received from them.

I had a item destroyed in shipment and they immediately replaced it.

1 of the places I use too :rock:. They also give 10% off your orders if you put in the code word being a member of chainsaw repair.

Back