HOA being difficult

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would require insurance is I was felling the trees, I was not so it was not an issue. BUT saying that I did make a bid to kelp clean up some dead fall in the regional forests near my home and was told I would need insurance. The odd thing was this insurance was for property damage. There is no property in the forests. No buildings, no cars.. but it was required. Well it was until I asked the question of what property do you think I would damage. I now get calls to clear fallen trees across the waking/biking/riding paths. Oh the looks I get walking through the forest with a chainsaw across my shoulder!

Are you saying that they wanted you to have coverage for property damage, you said there was no property to damage then they thought about it and realized you were right then allowed you to do it? Just deadfall, no cutting down anything? For money right? The ole Deutshe Mark?

Are you saying that they wanted you to have coverage for property damage, you said there was no property to damage then they thought about it and realized you were right then allowed you to do it? Just deadfall, no cutting down anything? For money right? The ole Deutshe Mark?

No it was Canadian Dollars. usually they drop trees in parking lots and near playgrounds so the need for insurance would be a valid one. Once I pointed out that since it was just dead fall, and no damage to property could happen they saw my point of view. I did have to have tape off the areas and use correct signs warning people of my presence. I have done it for Euros as well.. Much more civilized lot that was. GPS co-ordinates and even spotters were there from the various trail clubs. They of course would take me to the local pub for refreshments. They do love us cannucks over there!

Back