Hoffman Boots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kissfan113

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Hoffman Boots, I just ordered a set of 16 inch corks from them and was wondering what I should expect.

If they have replacable caulks, keep your caulk wrench handy when you first start wearing them. They will loosen up as they compress the rubber around the threaded socket. If you walk on them with the caulks loose, the threaded part of the sole will get worn out and never hold a caulk again.

Hoffman Boots/whites

Hoffman Boots Have A Good Quality To Them. Myself However, I Have My Logging Corks Hand Made By Whites Of Spokane Wa. Because I Spend A Great Deal Of Time In The Trees And As A Timber Cutter For 30 Plus Years, I Like Whites. I Have Them Made At A Height Of 18" To Ensure Proper Fit Of Climbing Gear. Hoffman However Makes A Great Boot.
Go To Their Website, Click On Closeout Sale.
Mike

Hoffman Boots Have A Good Quality To Them. Myself However, I Have My Logging Corks Hand Made By Whites Of Spokane Wa. Because I Spend A Great Deal Of Time In The Trees And As A Timber Cutter For 30 Plus Years, I Like Whites. I Have Them Made At A Height Of 18" To Ensure Proper Fit Of Climbing Gear. Hoffman However Makes A Great Boot.
Go To Their Website, Click On Closeout Sale.
Mike

Where in the Sierras do you live. I cut snags every year off Hwy 4 near Bear Valley.

If they have replacable caulks, keep your caulk wrench handy when you first start wearing them. They will loosen up as they compress the rubber around the threaded socket. If you walk on them with the caulks loose, the threaded part of the sole will get worn out and never hold a caulk again.

You gave me my most valuable info of the month!!

I grabbed my caulkwrench and went to work..

Most of the caulks on the ball and toe where in need of tightening about 3/4 turn.

thanks joesawer!

Anybody know how to get a stripped, Wesco spike out? The ones that are "exclusive" to Wesco and a socket wrench works on?

Try wedgeing a screw driver under it and prying it out as you turn it. If you get it out and a new one will not tighten down, try gluing it in with a little blue loc tight or shoe goo. Avoid red loc tight or epoxy as it will be very hard to remove in the future.

block heel

If i'm used to a block heel, any reason not to get one in my new calks? My old calks have a lower heel but they're so trashed, not worth rebuilding.

Latest posts

Back