Holiday Projects

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup Grey it's the little one. I cut a lot of hedge so I'll use it for limbing along with my MS180. I got less than 10 bucks in it so I'm pretty happy with it.

Seasonal worker .I drive a ready mix truck. Heck with this economy I may never go back to work. Meantime collect my $400 aweek unempoyment and drink beer :cheers:

damn, i must've gotten screwed when i was drawing unemployment - only $125/wk.

i laughed and went and went and got another job

The list keeps getting longer, but I am not complaining. Just gotta watch my disposable income....

No particular order here...

1) 064 with 066 BB, ground up rebuild with new bearings and seals
2) 066, awaiting arrival
3) 088, awaiting arrival
4) chain for the 40" and 50" bar
5) split wood pile
6) figure out the carb demons on my homie 925
7) 029 project, got it together, finishing touches
8) 056 Super, flooded at the moment
9) Honda cb400f rat rod project
10) 031 project, hopefully nearing completion
11) Carb teardown on my xr200
12) tearingdown an old lawnboy
13) rebuild my bultaco motorcycle

Looks like I am busy for a while......need more x-mas ale.:cheers:

Tomorrow is my last day to untill the 5th.
I have a 076 do play with, a freebee.
A Honda XL250 to finish.
Weedwacker and others.
Today I picked up a Homelite 650 Super.
It runs with gas in its throat but not on it's own.
attachment.php

attachment.php

So, how much did you pay for that Lightning? Hhhhhmmmm....:biggrinbounce2:

I telephoned my SIL to ask her how it looked: "it's really NICE, and CLEAN and BIG. It's HEAVY too! But it's a nice saw". It must be spotless because she has it in the entry-way and her house is spotless. She is the definition of neat-freak.

Dude, you are so lucky!

So, how much did you pay for that Lightning? Hhhhhmmmm....:biggrinbounce2:

I telephoned my SIL to ask her how it looked: "it's really NICE, and CLEAN and BIG. It's HEAVY too! But it's a nice saw". It must be spotless because she has it in the entry-way and her house is spotless. She is the definition of neat-freak.

Dude, you are so lucky!

LOL. You're kidding me, right? He was asking $150 but wouldn't ship it. I then offered him $200 and he started talking. The price stayed at $200 even after you agreed to help me out. I wasn't about to haggle with him at that price. I can't wait to see what the bore size is. I couldn't get THAT lucky... or could I:cheers:. We need pics already!!! Thanks again for your help. Now I'll be beaten at the next GTG I go to for theft:(

Last edited:
LOL. You're kidding me, right? He was asking $150 but wouldn't ship it. I then offered him $200 and he started talking. The price stayed at $200 even after you agreed to help me out. I wasn't about to haggle with him at that price. I can't wait to see what the bore size is. I couldn't get THAT lucky... or could I:cheers:. We need pics already!!! Thanks again for your help. Now I'll be beaten at the next GTG I go to for theft:(

Nope, I am serious, she was looking at it while talking to me. She told me she's "going to find a nice box to put it in, then make a nice home for it in the shed until you can come in". So there you go; you fell into this one big-time.

Dang, I'm working 24/7 through New Years! No complaints here, though, I'm happy to have a job. I'm still gonna do a project or two in my down time, though. I've an 026 to build and an 036 Pro.

Good thread!

Nope, I am serious, she was looking at it while talking to me. She told me she's "going to find a nice box to put it in, then make a nice home for it in the shed until you can come in". So there you go; you fell into this one big-time.

Did you twist her arm into taking any pics? All I've seen is a horrible cell phone looking shots.

I have a date with a bunch of semi fallen trees, a 12 tonne digger with grapple and my 262xp. My inlaws had a bunch of trees go in a storm a few months back and they need someone who knows what they are doing.

I feel some domino action in my near future.

I'm taking Christmas week off, from 6am the 20th thru to the 31st at 6pm. I need to get my shop set up, I have two Mac geardrives, one Lancaster 5.8 and one Homelite beltdrive to whip into shape. Weather looks like it will be crappy, so no excuses this time. Unless I make a quick trip south with JJ.

I'll be a-workin' Mon, Tues, Fri. next week, Mon, Tues. week after. Sorry, all of my projects now are woodworking...cedar boxes for grandkids, spice racks, coffee table for the youngest daughter...hopefully get finished by Christmas Eve. Weekend after N. Yr's is woodcutting.

Well, there goes my schedule. Already tried on the chaps - that was supposed to be my big job...

Started pulling the muffler cover off the Mighty Farm Boss for a muff mod, and backed away. Why tweak a saw to match performance with another already ready to work? Why have a heavy, loud, slow machine... wait a minute, I may as well direct my efforts to one of the Remoington Super 754s to fill that niche! Does anyone know where I can find a new fuel line for a 754? It looks to be a very short 5/16" with a tight 90* bend. Normal fuel line kinks in the tight quarters, and I don't want to line it with steel brake line... I need a molded rubber line...

Just got a call from a good customer "hey my father in law is getting rid of his 036 and 038,
would you be interested in either?" looks like I might have a project after all.

Latest posts

Back