Home depot 6401 makitas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the p and c kit a do-it yourself project with little saw work experience? And also, do the Makitas have the same cylinder lining as the Dolmars?

It's so easy...even a caveman can do it. ! (Trust me I've done it and I'm a unemployable Banker...)

really it's that easy, if you can read the manual you can do it. need a long shaft T27 torx drive and a ring compression tool makes it easier but thats about it.

Also the Jugs and Slugs are exactly the same. All parts are exactly the same, Dolmar is owned by Makita and makita just markets the Dolmar through direct dealer channels.

does the HD airfilter kit make any more power gains or just a way better filter.

Just put the HD on my 6400 last week and i've got about 3 solid hours of cutting with it. i gives a little more power. but my saw is still set-up rich for break in. so not really sure what it will do with a broken in saw. the nice thing is you don't have to clean the filter as much and it keeps the intake manifold clean. i like it:greenchainsaw:

Just put the HD on my 6400 last week and i've got about 3 solid hours of cutting with it. i gives a little more power. but my saw is still set-up rich for break in. so not really sure what it will do with a broken in saw. the nice thing is you don't have to clean the filter as much and it keeps the intake manifold clean. i like it:greenchainsaw:

thanks tried ordering today but the baileys phone line down

Some guys have all the luck. I watched for a year before I saw one for sale, and it was the only one so I snagged it. I think they're a good deal if you get one of the good units or if you intend to put a bigger P/C on it anyway. 50% of retail for a used saw that's been passed from one probably ignorant user to another isn't quite as good as the same price and same saw from one careful owner, but they certainly are good, tough saws. I've got no complaints about mine.

Brake won't matter, the saw will be turning too slowly to engage the clutch.

Jack

I wouldn't say I had any luck in getting to choose from several Home Depot models. If you have read any of my past posts on the subject, I made my own luck.

I pretty much hounded managers in two different stores for a couple of months. Then one day one of the managers gave in. He gave me several to choose from. But he also said he would probably get in trouble for selling it to me. Something about upper level management having to send the store a list each month of the items that will go up for sale. Otherwise he couldn't make the sale.

Persistence pays off!

just picked one up tonight for $205 and had a chance to run it in some oak a bit. What a smooth powerfull saw I can't wait to get out to the woodlot and run it hard.

just picked one up tonight for $205 and had a chance to run it in some oak a bit. What a smooth powerfull saw I can't wait to get out to the woodlot and run it hard.

sounds good. im waiting for a few things from bailyes for mine. new bar and chain. picked up new spark plug today. waiting for hd airfilter kit. i want to pick up 2 more of them saws

huskymurph, you sound out of control.

i am getting there fast after finding this site... i enjoy cutting and i heat my house. just a great hobby to have and enjoy learning about all parts of chainsaws and cutting wood and dropping trees. one is for my dad and one for my room mate

Back