Homelite 750 spark test?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briguy26

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up a super clean Homelite 750. I checked everything out and it looked as if the saw had only been run a couple times. Checked intake boot, fuel lines, brand new NGK plug, pulled muffler and the piston is in almost new shape. I poured some fuel in the carb and she wouldn't even pop? These saws have the transformer in the back that covers the plug. Any suggestions on how to test the transformer to see if I need a new one or if it's the module on the flywheel. Thanks

There is a way but I can't post any pics to help . I have one of those old generic chainsaw service manual that shows how to do it . I don't know if it is the same for a 750 as it is for a 360 but both of those saws are in the same family of Homelite saws so it should be the same. I don't know if a multi meter would work or not by going across the two contact points. Basically what you have to do is use jumper wires to ground the transformer with the plug in it and see if spark occurs. This is the best I can do without looking that saw up in the book.

Hey guys, I just picked up a super clean Homelite 750. I checked everything out and it looked as if the saw had only been run a couple times. Checked intake boot, fuel lines, brand new NGK plug, pulled muffler and the piston is in almost new shape. I poured some fuel in the carb and she wouldn't even pop? These saws have the transformer in the back that covers the plug. Any suggestions on how to test the transformer to see if I need a new one or if it's the module on the flywheel. Thanks
Procedure is listed in the service manual.

Attachments

• 650 750 750E sm.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Nice looking saw. I always wanted to have one of those 750's . I know a guy who has one but he won't sell it.

Back