homelite 925 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dt6266

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hi all, i remember reading on here a while back that theres a way to mod a homelite 925 carb to bypass the hi speed fixed jet so you can actually adjust the high speed mixture manually. does anyone know about this mod and can you please let me know what has to be done to do this.......thanks

hi all, i remember reading on here a while back that theres a way to mod a homelite 925 carb to bypass the hi speed fixed jet so you can actually adjust the high speed mixture manually. does anyone know about this mod and can you please let me know what has to be done to do this.......thanks

I started a thread on this subject quite a ways back.

The 925 that I was messing with was quite strange as it adjusted nomally all the time I had it till I went to test it before I sold it, then started acting like it was supposed to with that semi fixed main jet by running with the H screw all the way turned in.

How I ended up curing mine was to remove the main jet then solder the top hole shut. It adjusted as nomal after that. I sold the saw after that and as far as I know it was a good fix as I have never heard back on it.

Maybe someone can find that old thread, as I remember putting pictures in it.

I remember that thread. My SXL-925W is a relatively late saw, yet doesn't have that particular Tillotson HS (thank God). Instead, it has an HS with the threaded-in governor assembly as used on some Husqvarnas and Poulans. I blocked off the governor on it when I rebuilt the carb. Runs like a forcefully fornicated simian. Cut some big oak with it last weekend.

P1010429.jpg

Last edited:
Aaron, thats a nice looking 925, nice full wrap as well.

Just so happens I got to run a 995G today. Chris was over and we were talking saws of course, and I remarked that I'm about all out of Homelites and he reminded me about selling that last 925.............

Aaron, thats a nice looking 925, nice full wrap as well.

Just so happens I got to run a 995G today. Chris was over and we were talking saws of course, and I remarked that I'm about all out of Homelites and he reminded me about selling that last 925.............

Thanks Mark. You DO need another one. This one's not for sale however.:D

photobucket-31576-1339312684579.jpg

The Poulan Pro bar and .325 pitch chain on this Super E-Z AOW (little brother to the SXL-925W) should look familiar to you.

Well I dont know how bad I really need another 925, but if a nice slick one come along I would probably pick it up.

If you remember I had 4 of them at once a time back. Strong runners they are.

I still have my restored SEZ though and it aint going no place any time soon.

I thought the carb on my XL924W had a fully adjustable carb (it has both h and l screws) but now you guys have me worried. How do I check if I have one of these governed carbs you're referring to?

I thought the carb on my XL924W had a fully adjustable carb (it has both h and l screws) but now you guys have me worried. How do I check if I have one of these governed carbs you're referring to?

Read Mark's other thread (linked to in Hotshot's post above mine with the pic). In it there's the exact HS model carb and the Homelite service bulletin. That type of 'semi fixed jet' two needle carb is only identifyable by the model #, and by cracking it open.

The governed HS carbs like mine are easy to spot from the outside. They have a large threaded brass plug on the side of the carb body. Both types of 'special' HS carbs being discussed here have both H and L needles.

Last edited:
thanks so much, i believe the problem with mine is that jet, it revs with no problem under no load but whenever i get into the cut the engine just bogs out on me once i start cutting.

Back