Homelite C-51 (found in barn)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Found this old C-51 in a barn today along with another unknown little saw.

The Homie has good compression and spark... I Think I'll be able to get 'er runnin'.:rock:

The little guy is a weird saw... never seen one before... only has a 9" hard-tip bar. Anybody ever seen one?

Again the price was just perfect... FREE!

Gary

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
If you're going to happen onto a quality piece of vintage magnesium, that's one you'd like to trip over! I want one of those C-51s also!

Hey Gas, I've got a complete c51 in pieces. It started well and would run, but died in the cut. Anyway I have moved on to another project so if you need any parts to get yours runnin just pay the shipping and there yours.:greenchainsaw:

Hey Gas, I've got a complete c51 in pieces. It started well and would run, but died in the cut. Anyway I have moved on to another project so if you need any parts to get yours runnin just pay the shipping and there yours.:greenchainsaw:

Well... I got 'er runnin' tonight. Had a nice spark when I checked... So I cleaned out the tank, dumped some fresh mix in, squirted some mix in the carb... and on the 3rd pull... POP POP! Squirted some more fuel in the carb... POP POP POP... B B B BRRAAAAAHHHHHH!!!..... died. Re-adjusted the carb a little... pulled on 'er again and it started on the next pull... runs like a champ. It is now officially the loudest thing I own... LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

However... the bar and chain are shot. So I'm gonna be lookin' for a bar and chain combo for this beast. Plus there is no air filter in the saw. Gotta find one of those.

The starter won't "grab" on every pull... It has a different starter system than I am used to... gotta pull it all apart to see what's up.

The little Remington started up quick too... but it has a cracked case at the bar stud where fuel is leaking out of it. Runs friggin' great but I don't know if this can be fixed. It is obviously from the bar nut being overtightened and bustin' the case. Other than that... the little saw rips!:D

attachment.php

Not bad for (dare I say) FREE!!!!!!!

Oh yeah... one pic of my "helper" tonight... My chocolate lab "Yukon" hangin' out with me. He's gettin' old... but he's a great shop companion!

attachment.php

Gary

Last edited:
c-51 c-7

How many of them do you want? I`ve got 4 or 5 of them and only 1 needs a diaphram to run. The pull starters are about the same as mentioned here.

How many of them do you want? I`ve got 4 or 5 of them and only 1 needs a diaphram to run. The pull starters are about the same as mentioned here.

Jeff,

Where are you located in Iowa ? If you have some C series to sell I am interested.

Bill

Jeff,

Where are you located in Iowa ? If you have some C series to sell I am interested.

Bill

Im Around Iowa city, I need to weigh one of these and see how much they are to ship, Will be pricey I`m sure

Latest posts

Back