Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several different versions and UT numbers for them Super 2's on a glue on decal that will come off and get lost and without a ID/UT number getting correct parts is a toss up when buying parts on-line not being able to find the correct IPL page.:(

I take a etcher and etch the UT numbers permanently into the case so as if the decal becomes detached I can still find the correct IPL sheet for my Super 2's and similar saws.;)

Very good point. I just finished the restoration of a Homie 330 that had one of those decals coming loose. It was mounted just forward of the throttle trigger. I was able to move it to the left and just below a UV sticker. I cleaned the sticky side and then carefully applied spray adhesive. I figured that was better than nothing, and by some miracle it stuck tight and I can still read it: UT 10609 and HN2310168. Here's the restored saw:
HomeLite 330.jpg This machine had not been run for ten years and was destined for the landfill. All I did was clean it up, flush out the fuel tank, tune the carb, service the bar, and sharpen the chain. This 330 is now a strong runner, easily pulls a 20" bar and 3/8" pitch chain, and will stay with any Stihl MS290 or 310 that I have ever operated. It might even run dead even with my Husky 257. I've stopped making fun of Homies. 'Nuff ssid.

The Super 2's had 3/8 Low Pro and is noticeably smaller than the 3/8 on XL12's. What's the difference? I thought the Super 2's took .325 till I looked it up.

The Super 2's had 3/8 Low Pro and is noticeably smaller than the 3/8 on XL12's. What's the difference? I thought the Super 2's took .325 till I looked it up.
All three smaller Homies that I have near my bench now -- two Super 2's and one XL2 -- are outfitted with 3/8" pitch low profile chain. I suppose any owner could have rebuilt these saws with .325" pitch chain. But, that would have been a PITA considering the work involved to get the job done.

Latest posts

Back