Homelite issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingolfin

Reaction score
Howdy,
I'm new to the site, seems like I'll find lots of useful info here. So here's my situation. I occasionally work for a guy who handed me two homelite saws, a 360 professional (steel body, 22" bar) and little XL (plastic and a 14" bar). Someone gave them to him 2 years ago and he hasn't fired them up since then, when apparently they ran well. They were both stored with empty tanks, luckily. He said if I can get them both running I can keep the 360 (and drop him off a half cord of wood). I was able to get them both started and they seemed to run fine, so I took them out to buck some firewood. The 360 cuts great, but after running it for about 1/2 an hour it cut out on me. After that I could get it started but it won't idle. If I hold the throttle it will stay running but if I let it fall to idle it will die within a few seconds. I have adjusted the idle screw, but that only makes the engine idle higher or lower for the few seconds before it cuts out. Interestingly, the second saw has the same issue, but I wasn't able to get any cutting out of it before the issue manifested.
Based on what I've been able to find on this website, it sounds like the boot and/or fuel lines may be the problem. What do you all think? I would like to fix them as I really like the way the 360 cuts, but if it's going to be expensive or a huge pain I can just give them both back to the guy and be done with them. The nearest dealer is 75 miles away from me so I would have to be able to order parts online and do the repairs myself for it to be worth it. I would very much appreciate any advice.

Latest posts

Back