Homelite misery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That era of Homelites look to me like the current Ryobi saws sold at Home Depot (3714, 3716 etc.) I was under the impression that these current Ryobis are Redmax GZ clones. True?

Does it follow that the OP’s Homelite is an earlier Redmax GZ clone? In a fetching “New Years Eve in Hell” color scheme rather than the current “Look At the Inside of my Bile Duct” Ryobi color scheme?

If that’s the case, it might be a fun starting point for some two-stroke mods. There are some cool Ryobi/Earthquake GZ-clone hotrodding threads here on AS.

That era of Homelites look to me like the current Ryobi saws sold at Home Depot (3714, 3716 etc.) I was under the impression that these current Ryobis are Redmax GZ clones. True?

Does it follow that the OP’s Homelite is an earlier Redmax GZ clone? In a fetching “New Years Eve in Hell” color scheme rather than the current “Look At the Inside of my Bile Duct” Ryobi color scheme?

If that’s the case, it might be a fun starting point for some two-stroke mods. There are some cool Ryobi/Earthquake GZ-clone hotrodding threads here on AS.

The current Ryobi saws are redmax g3800 clones, redmax saws with the gz designation are stratified scavenging engines and those aren't being cloned yet. The Homelite the op has is a clamshell engine in a plastic case.

It's not Chinese. Techtronics Industries owns Ryobi and Homelite. Techtronics is a Japanese company.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Techtronic industries has been based in Hong Kong since they started in 1985.

The current Ryobi saws are redmax g3800 clones, redmax saws with the gz designation are stratified scavenging engines and those aren't being cloned yet. The Homelite the op has is a clamshell engine in a plastic case.

Thanks for the info!

Just looked up a UT10580A on ereplacementparts dot com and nearly every part is NLA aside from the odd nut or washer and maybe a small needle bearing. I understand the title of this thread a little better now.

How about your local Craigslist? Maybe you’ll find a second cheap one or two for parts if you’re determined to prevail...or maybe you’ll find someone needing parts and you can unload yours and help them out...?

That's the one. Any idea where I can find the parts I need?

For the 2 bolt chain cover, look up these two Homelite part #'s: 310508014; 310508011. You will also need two of these
bolts: 660503003 Guide Bar Bolt (5/16-18). Unfortunately, it's gonna cost you about $25 just for the cover and a few $$ for
the bolts. Unless you already have a bar and chain, that's gonna be a few more $$. The saw will take any of the bars and
chains that fit the Poulan, and many other saws. Your best bet is to look around in Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for
a non working/wanna get rid of Homelite chainsaw that looks like the one you have. It seems like the design for the various
models over the years are still the same with minor cosmetic differences. Download all the chainsaw parts lists if you want to
compare what's different. attached is your saw for starters

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ut10540 ipl 35-42cc 2010.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Back