Homelite replacement gas cap..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been sitting for a month or so, the little climbing I've done since then, I've just been using my ms250. But it's been pretty bad weather around here, and I've been remodelling a master bed/bath. But the saw fired right up on half choke. Got the saw for $20 about a year and a half ago, only other thing going on with it is the spark plug cable is kinda melting from touching the muffler, and now you can see inside of the cable. Sometimes the kill switch doesn't respond

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
You can replace just the spark plug cable. They kinda just screw in to the coil. On the stop switch, almost always the switch isn't bad. on the wire going to ground, just attaches to a washer at the stop switch, which is made of brass. Just lightly sand the washer till it's bright, then reinstall, making sure nut for stop switch is tight. This usually cures stop switch problems. Chainsawlady will have any parts you need, she was a Homelite dealer for over 50 years, and still has many parts in stock.

Latest posts

Back