Homelite saw chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckhunterx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for a new chain for a homelite XL I think it has a 12" bar. I would like to pick one up online, could someone direct me to an online store that would have this product. Thanks for your help.:confused:

Why buy online?

Unless you are positively sure of the exact type and size of your chain, why buy online to save $3? I believe you might be better off taking the saw to any local saw shop and buying a chain in person. That way you can compare to make sure you have the right size. Plus, you can be cutting the same day!

What pitch chain does it have on it? Almost every hardware store, box store, or Home Depot sells loops of Oregon .375 safety chain for little saws like this.

As far as online, only because of the convienence, and for thepitch I have no idea, I normally like a square tooth chain only because of the faster cut. thanks

You'll have a bit of a hard time buying online if you don't know the pitch. I think the mini XLs could be had with either .375" or 1/4".

Anyone know who makes full-chisel chain this small? I know Oregon makes non-safety 91VP and 25AP for those two sizes, but they're semi.

Why Not Buy Online?

Not everyone lives near a shop that sells chainsaw parts...
I've sold HOMELITE items all over the USA, Canada, Great Britan & New Zealand and since there are quite a few that reorder, I assume they are satisfied. With good communication, items are often mailed same or next day.

Well, BillW, can YOU tell what kind of chain he wants? If so, send him one!
I was kindly trying to say that buckhunter is NOT communicating very well as to exactly what he wants. If he is going to get the chain he wants, his best bet is a local shop. Otherwise he is going to get the wrong chain, simply due to lack of communication.

OnLine Parts Service

treeclimber165
Thought you would like to know that after a little communication he will be getting a lp3/8 x 42 link chain for his 10" bar.
Not a big deal, just satisfaction in "gettin' him goin' again"...
Just be patient, ask questions, probe as necessary.
Only time it hasn't worked was with a French Canadian...My lack of French & his difficulty in understanding left us in a unresolved muddle.

Dern Canadiens anyway! The sooner they accept that they are the 51st state, the sooner they can get on with the business of learning English like real Americans!:D Russ ps: way to go Bill

And most of all another satisfied customer, Thanks alot to Bill W and to Arboristsite, where would all of us chainsaw challenged go without it.

NAH...Never happen with a Texan in the White House...They are still feeling bad about Alaska bein' bigger...;)

WTG BillW!

Glad you and buckhunter got it all figured out. I apologise for my lack of tact yesterday, I was feelin' a lil pissy. :alien:

Latest posts

Back