Homelite Super 650 for trade or sell or fix for milling?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aesache

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i just aquired a homelite super 650. Complete saw less bar (43" bar fits on my 3120 and is handy to have) has no spark but is otherwise in exellent condition with, great compression and very low hrs. I picked it up from the original owner who was a farmer and said he almost never used it other than to get rid or a few great big willows he had... it spent the rest of the time in his basement of his house. Its an old saw and i have seen a stock super 650 walk all over a 288xp husky, so its a decent saw when it works just old its from 1974

so i have a few options.

1. Sell it... I have seen these go on ebay for fair prices
2. Trade it on here to one of you guys for somthing cool :)
3. Fix it and use it as a secondary milling saw with a mini mill on it. (then between my alaskin and my mini mill i could make a square cant from a big log without turning it)

thoughts ideas?

also the original homelite bar i got with the saw has a replacable sproket nose. Anyone know if that is a standard sproket nose or if its homelite specific.

I think the 650 is another of Homelites 100 CC saws. I have 2 Super 1050's and I like milling with them. I was thinking about putting my XL 924 on a mini so I could do the same thing, cut big cants without turning, Joe.

I think the 650 is another of Homelites 100 CC saws. I have 2 Super 1050's and I like milling with them. I was thinking about putting my XL 924 on a mini so I could do the same thing, cut big cants without turning, Joe.
You are right joe it is a 100 cc saw almost identical to the 750 but with a slightly smaller bore. It is rated for almost 7hp and i suspect it will have a ton of torque. My concern with using it for milling is will the repair bills outway the cost of a newer saw. If not i am aLl for it.

Has anyone ever run one of these regularly that can attest to their reliability?

It has no spark anyone in the london ontario area have any parts for this thing? Is there any way to test the ignition module on this thing? I think its solid state

no spark

if its a saw from 1974 it has points, you can install a electronic conversion kit for about 20 dollars. look for one on ebbay I have severial on a homey 1050 and xl12 and they work good. I used the big 1050 for a couple of years before i built the new csm.

1050 homelite

forgot to mention just keep it waaay rich and it will run a long time I run 16 oz of 2 stroke oil per gallon of reg gas. , never been apart since new.

Latest posts

Back