Homelite Wiz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawwiz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an original homelite wiz ( matallic blue) and was wondering the value. It has the 90-95% of its paint, starts right up, runs smooth, idles, and has original bar and i think chain. All decals are there. Looks like it has been taken care of.Just wondering what this my fetch me. Thanks

From the sounds of it around 50$ or a bit less, just a wild guess and I suppose it boils down to what someone is willing to pay fer it, they ran 1/2" chain and I bet a loop of that in good shape would be worth more than the saw since its getting scarce (maybe go to fleabay and see what they've gone for before), this question's been asked recently and I think if you try the 'search' function you'll find the threads involved. From what I understand there were a gajillion of these saws and there is no particular rarity other than one in super good shape for a collector's shelf. Personally I'd be using it to beat up branches and take to GTGs, just because :D The Wiz was produced for only two years ('59-'61) but a number of similar models continued after that. Posting a pic of the offender will sure help those in the know too :) Heres a link to Acre's site > http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...ed5738b2f9a72b7588256b78000e8ba0?OpenDocument

And welcome to AS, a site known to be dangerous to single saw owners around the world! :chainsaw: grrrrrrrrrr-more saws-grrrrrr! :chainsaw:

:cheers:

Serge

check the completed auctions on ebay. That will give you an idea. Like Sprig said, they made a ton and aren't the hardest saw to find so prices are a little lower because the demand isn't there to raise the price. I bet you could get 80 to 100 bucks for it but that is a wild guess.

I see good ones get $100 sometimes. I have a nice Homelite Zip that is very similar. Its worth more to me as a conversation piece in my barn and to show my boy how old saws were vs. the dollars it would put in my pocket.

I have an original homelite wiz ( matallic blue) and was wondering the value. It has the 90-95% of its paint, starts right up, runs smooth, idles, and has original bar and i think chain. All decals are there. Looks like it has been taken care of.Just wondering what this my fetch me. Thanks

Yes about a hundred or so, they are not rare and a lot of them have survived in good shape, there is usually a couple up for bids every week on eBay. Really mint ones may bring a little more from a collector but I have seen ones kept in a box with only a tank or so of gas run through them fetch only 150 They are really neat vintage saws though, let us AS site guys know if you decide to sell.
Pioneerguy600

Back