Homelite XL-100 Skillsaw Before and After (Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyRumore

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked this saw up from Kbeitz on this site at the first of December and got it cleaned up a bit. The before pics are from Kbeitz.

The saw runs good, but I haven't put it in any wood yet.

XL-100e.jpg

XL-100a.jpg

XL100a.jpg

XL100b.jpg

Thanks for posting - saw one of these run at a GTG. They cut well.
You did a fantastic job with the clean up and paint application - great details. With all that time and effort, why not a closer match to the original color?

Are you going to change to a standard blade before putting it into some wood?

In person, it looks quite a bit darker than in those pics, but it is still lighter than the factory paint. But....you're right, I should have gone with a darker blue since I was shooting it over white primer and it caused the top coat to lighten up a bit.

It's not the first time I have screwed **it up.

Tony

The most difficult repair was Tig welding up and blending out the Cast Aluminum blade guard that was completely worn through.

XL-100d.jpg

XL100d.jpg

In person, it looks quite a bit darker than in those pics, but it is still lighter than the factory paint. But....you're right, I should have gone with a darker blue since I was shooting it over white primer and it caused the top coat to lighten up a bit.

Tony

You still did a great job Tony. Don't kick yourself. Color matching Homelite blue is a task that few have gotten right. If it really bugs you, you could always shoot another coat over that blue to darken it up.

-Aaron

Great job! If I owned anything that nice I don't think I could ever bring myself to cut with it. LOL

Tony

Not screwed up at all! Again, great work. You have a real collectors item there.

Looks really cool man! What size blade to they take?

LOL, thats about the only time you can say "blade" on here and not catch a load of flack, eh? :)

Latest posts

Back