homelite XL fuel line replacement, tips or tricks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold01ca

Reaction score
have a new oem type fuel line for my XL76, are there any tips or tricks to fitting the line through the fuel tank hole and getting the integral seal in place?
I am not having any luck getting the taper/seal in place and dont want to destroy the new line in the process.
any help appreciated!

I'm not familiar with the XL76. Is the fuel line a molded piece with a small diameter length inside the tank and a larger diameter section to go from the tank opening to the carburetor connection (like on the XL-12)? If so, then I would thread a length of wire into the tank opening and out through the fuel tank filler opening. Use this wire as a guide to lead the small diameter length from the fuel line opening to the filler opening. Lube the thin-to-thick transition area and by pulling on the small end and wiggling and pushing on the transition area, you should be able to pop it into place. At least this is how I used to do it on XL-12's and Super XL's.

Latest posts

Back