Homelite XL500 automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigsticker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a Homelite XL500 automatic from a buddy I work with. I got it home and cleaned it up some, poured out the old gas and put in fresh gas. I took the plug out to check for fire and it was getting fire. I shot a little oil-gas mix into the carb. It started on the third pull. I couldn't believe it. I smiled like a mule eating saw briars. BTW, I gave $20 for it unseen. However the spark plug doesn't look like any I've ever seen before. I know some of you know what it looks like. Do they still make these type plugs? If I ever need one, where would I get it?

I bought a Homelite XL500 automatic from a buddy I work with. I got it home and cleaned it up some, poured out the old gas and put in fresh gas. I took the plug out to check for fire and it was getting fire. I shot a little oil-gas mix into the carb. It started on the third pull. I couldn't believe it. I smiled like a mule eating saw briars. BTW, I gave $20 for it unseen. However the spark plug doesn't look like any I've ever seen before. I know some of you know what it looks like. Do they still make these type plugs? If I ever need one, where would I get it?
I know what type plug you talking about. I had an old XL 12 with that type of plug. I just replaced the coil plug wire with a "regular" type connector and boot and used your basic spark plug. I bet you can still get that plug somewhere, but I never looked into it. I think I still have that plug that I replaced with the funky end on it.

I didn't realize you could replace just the wire and boot. That's good to know. Ray, mine is the XL-500 automatic.

Latest posts

Back