Homemade bar oil . . . anyone make it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding me? I change the oil on atleast 20 vehicles a month (construction business atvs/tractors/equipment) and I don't really care if i get oil on me or not, infact many a times i have gotten my hands full of oil and eat a burger right after without washing the hands. It wont kill you trust me, i havent been to the doctor for any medical reasons (other then a check-up) in 5yrs. Doc also says im healthy as a horse. Nope nothing wrong with me (except the anger managment issues but thats another thing im working on)

Nope not kidding. 2 out of my 6 vehicles take 8.5 gallons of 15w40 EACH. They would be the worst 2 in dealing with used motor oil. I'll throw on nitrile gloves everytime to pull the plug and keep them on to change all three oil filters PER ENGINE.

The others still bad but not as bad.
I just don't like used oil on my skin and nails and yet my hands as as rough as sandpaper, just a preference I guess.

I fill a 55 gallon drum and a friend takes it to burn in his shop heater.

Last edited:
i can understand where your soming from, there are a few things i don't like much either. like changing the tires on the 79 c60 damn widowmaker rims, or driving it too much after the breaks blew out 3 times (cheap flimsy brake lines they sell) i actually have a guy coming to buy it next week. Got me a 2002 ford f350 SD with a v10 for $500 because the guy said it had low oil pressure, turns out the sensor went bad. $14 later and the oil pressure is at 65psi. Also has the 6 speed, 4door cab, flatbed, and a ladder rack over the cab. Will try to get some pics of it in the next few days and start a thread on it.

Sweet deal. I'll give you 650 for it:biggrinbounce2: OK 800 take it or leave it.

Love my superduty. I have an 06 King Ranch 6.0 bought it 09/05 w/3miles now has 26k. Can you tell it's my weekender

i love the truck, has 177k miles but runs like a dream and has plenty of balls. Fits 5 people comfortably to get the crew to the jobsites and back (got sick of them showing up late all the time so now they car pool with the owner-me:hmm3grin2orange:). i wouldn't sell this truck. I actually came across it while looking for heads for my dads 99 f350 4x4 but after running it i knew it didn't have anything wrong with it so i still have to find heads for the other truck.

Latest posts

Back