Homie XL-923 - Need Piston & Pot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdoctor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was given a Homelite XL-923 today by the FIL, he heard I needed a big saw for a big beech I am cutting, got it into the workshop only to find it has been seized due to lack of lubrication :monkey:

Need a Piston and pot for it... anyone got one I could buy?

Shame to see a saw like this go to the parts shed.

Cheers

Doc'

i do show i have the piston and pin but i dont have the cylinder is there a way you can hone the cylinder ?
i also think i may have the cylinder gasket so if you can find the cylinder then you know where to get the piston unless the cylinder can be re done

or is the cylinder shot ?

part # for the cylinder is A-68853

the gasket cylinder is part # 63778-1
original part # was A67989-1 superceded to A-49314
calvin

but here is the piston for that beast of a saw

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/homelite-piston-assembly-and-pin-a-49314.html

Last edited:
Not entirely sure about cylinder, just had a quick look, the piston looks real bad, so i'd guess the cylinder may be also.

Will hopefully get it stripped on monday when im back in the workshop, will let you know how I get on! (now I know I can get parts, it is at least worth lifting off the cylinder)

Cheers

Doc

Not entirely sure about cylinder, just had a quick look, the piston looks real bad, so i'd guess the cylinder may be also.

Will hopefully get it stripped on monday when im back in the workshop, will let you know how I get on! (now I know I can get parts, it is at least worth lifting off the cylinder)

Cheers

Doc

Cylinders are sometimes spared even when the piston is totally shot. At least, a lot of times they can be cleaned up.

Latest posts

Back