Hope I didn't mess up anything

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this whole process, changing your sprocket, did you have a wrench or other tool on the flywheel and/or nut?
If so, you may have sheared a key...

In this whole process, changing your sprocket, did you have a wrench or other tool on the flywheel and/or nut?
If so, you may have sheared a key...

No . I didn't hit anything but the nut holding on the clutch. I wonder if the new was the clutch getting seated as I cranked it with the rope. I didn't snug down the clutch and just hand tightened it, expecting I would tighten the clutch by running the saw in wood or hitting the chain break.

Another guy mentioned to me off line sticking starter pawls. Possible.

Couldn't sleep (just kidding). Went back out to the saw this morning and ran a compression test. 150 psi which is all I would ever expect out of this saw even brand new. No clanking or anything. I'll need to wait a bit to crank it up as it's too early in the morning. It seems that whatever was the issue may be resolved. Dunno. I suppose something could still be bent in there. The slipping may very well have been starter pawls as I did pull the starter cover off to clean things up. And maybe it was just settling down.

The one other weird thing with these saws is the starter buttons keep crapping out. Both of mine have gone bad in the last couple days, meaning they will only spark in the off position, like something broke loose inside them. No way in the world did I mess with these. So now I'm forced to remove the kill wire at the coil. So strange. I have two new switches on order. Is this common on these saws?

Latest posts

Back