hotblast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlfanboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone use a hotblast? Looking at them and can't really decided if it's what I want or not. The 1357 sires says it heats 1300 to 1900 square feet. My house 2 floors at 1200 square feet + the basment it will be in. Have a hood above my old wonder wood stove that runs ducking to the frist floor and one vent per bedroom on the second floor. I think I'd have to modify it but I seams it would work for the hotblast. Mostly looking for more heat then the wonder wood and better flow in the vents. And longer burn times. 5 hours dosnt cut it and trying to avoid running the oil furnace. So would the 1357 be big enough or sould I get the 1557 instead? Mostly trying to say with the hotblast cause I have the room on the tsc credit card to get it.20150705_213333.jpg20150705_213343.jpg

Hot blast is not going to get you any more than 4-5 hours either with about 2/3 of that producing usable heat- It is a coal furnace that you can use wood in. Much better choices out there. The Englander wood furnace while nothing fancy is a better choice. Maxing out times is going to cost some expenditure cash wise. Kuma being the Holy Grail and a couple of units from SBI in Canada. With the new EPA rules going into effect there will be a major shake out on wood furnaces - the bulk will not pass at present. The 1357 is an older model as well. If you have difficulties USSC is difficult to do business with. Yes it burns wood ( like a California wildfire) and will provide heat. The automatic damper, which I refer to as an automatic over fire, constantly jams wide open, the smoke flap inside the door is always in the way. The twin blowers may make it through one season before the bearings fail. In the same class the DAKA is slightly better but I have no experience with the mfg. $500 come and get the one I have.

My brother has one and pretty much blade said is what I think too.

It's very much a reload every 5hrs type of stove. I guess I got spoiled with my Blaze King!

Lots of threads on here with info from guys like me that used them and were happy with what they did. \I made modifications to mine and have several friends who have them and are happy with their investment. I got long enough burn times with mine but finally found a used OWB that I use to heat my hot water, 2 houses and my shop with. Do some searching and you will have some reading to do.
Sure there are better outfits out there but good luck finding one at the Hotblast price point. Keep in mind you will use more wood and spend more time tending the unit and there is a price to that too.

It'll keep you warm and it's cheap
only benefits of a hotblast

Blades nailed it pretty good in his explanation . There is a reason they are at farm stores and sell for cheaper than anything else

Dirty short burns ,poor efficiency ,love to eat wood

Do a search, you will find many disappointed HotBlast owners. If you search CL during heating season, there are TONS of 1 year old HB...why do you suppose that is???

I like my wonder wood but It eats a big wheelbarrow of wood a day and only keeps the house at about 55 60 when it's real cold. Gunna put it in the barn or shop. My father in law has a Vermont casting I'd like to find one like that. Or an old federal. Closing on my house loan tommorw so money's alittle tight.

If you think the wonder wood ate wood a hot blast is like a Klingon disintegrator ( did I spell klingon correctly?) or another analogy, MTD Yard machine chipper shredder vs Vermeer 1800 series

So should I avoid us stove products altogether? Can't find anything like I want. Had a lead on an old federal but it's sold already. Have 500$ I'd spend on the right burner. Looking at us stoves other stoves and just don't no. Needs to heat 2000 square feet and I don't like having a window In the door. Just bothers me.

Latest posts

Back