hourly rate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sirpouralot said:
I The new redesigned Bandit 1990's with remote control wench

Hey, I need a remote control wench......Just push a button and she....well, errr, use yer imagination.....

sorry sirpour, just had to take advantage of your spelling to have some fun.....I know you meant winch....I love mine on my wimpy by comparison 250XP...!

Must say, you guys sure do well $ wise, but you are certainly well set for equipment!!

All we have is a truck and chipper. Sub out crane work, stumping, and log trucking. So I'm happy with 1600-2000 a day for a 3 man crew...add on for crane etc. Currently in the middle of a big removal job, 4 lombardy poplar right on a busy street, max 130 footers.....6 man crew for the first two days, then crane the logs Friday....crane fees maybe $500, junk wood disposal $1200 or so, $600 to grind two stumps..... labor will be around $10k, subbing to other tree guys and payroll should be at about $3500. leaving me $6500 gross profit. not too shabby.

I'm a newbie here - first post actually- and i'm new to the tree service business, too. I have a full time job with a very flexible schedule, so i started cutting and trimming trees as a side job about 6 months ago (anything from 100 ft pines in backyards to 30 ft red maples in the front!). Well, my business has really grown and i'm debating on quitting my full time job and becoming a tree monkey full time. I've never taken a job where the homeowner has wanted to pay me an hourly rate (even though they would probably come out ahead - but when i tell them $60 an hour when climbing is required - they say, just make me a price. Well, i've gotten pretty good at estimating my time so i've been making pretty good money - for me! My overhead is pretty low, I have a Ford F600 with a
13x7x6 dump bed which i use to load brush on and a 1994 Ford f250 7.3 diesel for hauling a tractor with grapple and front end loader (which i rent from a friend when necessary). I pay my help $15 an hour (when i can get some good help - i don't want just any yahoo pulling a top out of an 80ft pine while i'm up in it!) I've been contemplating on buying a chipper, but i'm having trouble spening the money. I think it would save alot of time, but i don't know - i've never used one. Any advice on making some changes to the business?

rbtree said:
Hey, I need a remote control wench......Just push a button and she....well, errr, use yer imagination.....

sorry sirpour, just had to take advantage of your spelling to have some fun.....I know you meant winch....I love mine on my wimpy by comparison 250XP...!

Must say, you guys sure do well $ wise, but you are certainly well set for equipment!!

All we have is a truck and chipper. Sub out crane work, stumping, and log trucking. So I'm happy with 1600-2000 a day for a 3 man crew...add on for crane etc. Currently in the middle of a big removal job, 4 lombardy poplar right on a busy street, max 130 footers.....6 man crew for the first two days, then crane the logs Friday....crane fees maybe $500, junk wood disposal $1200 or so, $600 to grind two stumps..... labor will be around $10k, subbing to other tree guys and payroll should be at about $3500. leaving me $6500 gross profit. not too shabby.
outstanding!

The way we charge on Cape Cod is very simple. After the tree is down, we make a cut at the thickest space on the trunk. We than count every piece of saw dust and multiply X .72.

Charging is regional and basicly, what you need to make. That simple

Sirpouralot said:
$100 per man hour. We run a 5 man crew for almost everything. So $5000.00 a day is our target. There are some jobs that are under bid and some are over bid, but we always try to schedule the work so we end up with a $5000.00 day. Somedays we don't make it, but then somedays we make more. Over the month it all seems to average out. When the economy was doing better we were getting $6000 for a daily rate. We also had 6 men.

How the hell can you charge someone $5000 for a days work, are you felling and removing 20 plus trees a day! Who pays you that, and how much do you pay your guys, i hope its alot!!!!!!:angry2:

hache said:
How the hell can you charge someone $5000 for a days work, are you felling and removing 20 plus trees a day! Who pays you that, and how much do you pay your guys, i hope its alot!!!!!!:angry2:

Do you even do tree work? What do you mean 20 plus trees a day? Somedays we do more than a 100 trees, and somedays only one tree. Depends really on how big these trees are and how hard they are to reach.

Yea. This is strange. This dude has no concept. The remarks do not even warrent a real arborist/tree workers time. Why waste your time responding to a real lair/hack.

New topic please:rockn:

Sirpouralot said:
Do you even do tree work? What do you mean 20 plus trees a day? Somedays we do more than a 100 trees, and somedays only one tree. Depends really on how big these trees are and how hard they are to reach.

100 trees! dont you mean saplings, when i say trees I mean anything mature, i.e. above 40 ft, maybe you live in an area where people have alot of money and you get good prices on your trees, we would have to work flat out all week to earn $5000 ( £2500) in a 5 day week:bang: , 3 men, anyway good luck with your business it sounds like you have a good thing there.

Latest posts

Back