How are all you guys in other states doing with the economy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkfin12us

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I usually post this when im slow.Was busy with the snow storm that hit us in late october.Slowed down about begining of febuary.Just curious how every one else is doing.Im here in New Jersey Thanks for the response

My last paycheck looked like a Phone # :dizzy:now i havent worked for a month(family is visiting from Denmark) Time is $ so I bought a ROLEX:hmm3grin2orange: When times are tough I move. I quit a company as soon as the hours drop. Jump off that ship like a rat.:clap:

Last edited:
Middle north California

Trying my best to not work until April 1, spotted owls are running this month. we have had no weather this winter so hope it gets it on in March so I can sit in front of the fire and chill all month, I'm sure when I have to go back out in April it will be blowing' and howling'. Go contractors traipsing in and out and their comment is ,"you sure don't sit still very long." I'm trying.
projects in the works, non- work related
226407d1330373700-100_1399-jpg

226408d1330373813-100_1174-jpg

Last edited:
economy...

foothills northern california....

i m doing ok... but the local economy sucks ###.........gas is over 4 bucks....food prices are up.... so is unemployment... health ins. up.....dmv fees up....more and more homeless people with signs begging around town...

Very well in north Arkansas

Thanks for asking. We have worked every decent-weather day possible since late September to catch up on a long waiting list. Some new jobs have come in which is most encouraging. It has been so good that I can afford to pay the liability premium in full rather than financing monthly payments. That saved $110 which went for some needed tools.

Work safe, God bless you and keep those cards and,letters coming!

hoskins tree service

business is good here in bangor maine. i have a couple real good reputable companies in my area that i compete with but fare pricing, and an immaculate clean site sells everytime. i have two guys, one bucket/chipper dump, brush bandit, stump grinder and dump trailer. most guys around here with big overhead have given up and are back to working for another company. normally it is dead here from december to end of february. works comes in those months with snow and wind but this winter has been pathetic. just starting booking into april so i can't complain. i am still afraid to pull the plug on my fulltime job (firefighter working 24 hours on and 48 hours off climbing trees) because of health insurance but how many households get by on one income. enough mumbling, this is my first post.

Your business activity in Maine

business is good here in bangor maine. i have a couple real good reputable companies in my area that i compete with but fare pricing, and an immaculate clean site sells everytime. i have two guys, one bucket/chipper dump, brush bandit, stump grinder and dump trailer. most guys around here with big overhead have given up and are back to working for another company. normally it is dead here from december to end of february. works comes in those months with snow and wind but this winter has been pathetic. just starting booking into april so i can't complain. i am still afraid to pull the plug on my fulltime job (firefighter working 24 hours on and 48 hours off climbing trees) because of health insurance but how many households get by on one income. enough mumbling, this is my first post.
Your report proves a reliable old saying...if you want to get things done give the work to a busy person. Thanks for your report!

The firemen in my town can sure the hell live on one salary. The top 20 city workers salarys were posted in the local paper. Firemen made up half the list and took the top three spots with over 100k a year. And all they really do is run ambulance calls. MMAANN, I have alot of respect for firefighters but our city is heading into debt and the topic gets me fired up. I dont know of any firefighters in my town doing tree work but if I did I would be pissed. There base salary here is 60k. I think a small town like mine should use "paid on call".

great

Se iowa We were so poor the down economy didnt make a lick of difference here. Last year was my best ever this year already shaping up to be better. Im not taking credit well give the glory to God in hevan it seems to be His provision that were doing so good . I try not to worry about the finaces just have faith and youll hit more dingers.

The guy I am working for In NW Ct seems like he has more work than he knows what to do with. Does not want to be bothered with small jobs. We work like crazy for a couple weeks then he goes on va-ca. Work like crazy and then another va-ca. In the last 2 months the boss has been to Florida, Africa, and leaving for Utah tomorrow. The October storm is going to be keeping us busy for a long time. Also it woke people up to anything hanging over their house. Things seem to be pretty good.

Latest posts

Back