Oil and fuel/oil recommendation for break in of new Husqvarna 135 Mark ii

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remiskeet

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week I purchased a Husqvarna 135 mkii. My current saws are 18 and 25 year old McCullochs; They run 40:1 Red Armour. Would anyone recommend to using 40:1 ( for the first few tanks for break-in) before switching of to 50:1 (and re-tuning.)?
Perhaps I should just run them all @40:

Thanks for any recommendations.
Eoin (Ian)

As the jollylogger said, go by what husqvarna recommends and you cant go wrong. Others will probably disagree and have their own ways but husqvarna has done the research so we dont have to. But it is good fun

Run the 40:1 mix you already use. But I’d just run it easy for a tank or two, no burying the bar at constant full throttle. Maybe find some small limbs around 6” just make quicker cuts through. Then after that let ‘er rip. But everyone has different ways of doing things.

L8R,
Matt

Run the 40:1 mix you already use. But I’d just run it easy for a tank or two, no burying the bar at constant full throttle. Maybe find some small limbs around 6” just make quicker cuts through. Then after that let ‘er rip. But everyone has different ways of doing things.

L8R,
Matt

Nope, just let 'er rip. Get those rings seated.

Only thing special I did to break in my 500i was make sure I had enough big wood on hand to give it a proper workout.

Nope, just let 'er rip. Get those rings seated.

Only thing special I did to break in my 500i was make sure I had enough big wood on hand to give it a proper workout.
See, that’s what I mean by different people do things differently. I prefer to run it easier with shorts bursts of full throttle at first. After that then it’s game on.

L8R,
Matt

Personally Id not do anything different.

Always idle to warm up the saw. Aways cut at full throttle, but its never a good idea to strain a saw, pushing into the wood, leaning on the dogs or using a blunt chain etc.

Latest posts

Back