How big is your wood? Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MVC-001S_35.JPG

To answer OP original question, 21 1/2 rounds is my limit. Here is an 18" X 24" green ash going in.

Spidey is that you in the pic ?
:laughing: Just so as there ain't any confusion... I'm the one sportin' the beer belly‼
That pic was taken by my wife in (I believe) late April of 2011 before the summer sun had a chance to do it's work on my skin... and before I had a chance to work-off the winter-grown spare tire.

Here's a couple more she took that day... the family brought me out some lunch and refreshment (beer)...
We had a really early, warm spring that year... ain't very often ya' can get by with a t-shirt in April 'round here.

View attachment 409005 View attachment 409006

Bless ya bro,
y'all look like a family I be proud to have as neighbors.
its funny, I bet I coulda picked you out of a line up....you look exactly like you..."type" :)

for some reason i was picturing spider, skinnier, greyer, and not smiling?? maybe it was that old pic you posted from the 70s or 80s. standing in front of that new (at the time) car??? idk. ppl always look different than I picture them.

great pics though. looks like a nice family you have there. :)

all the bur oak we have around here has really deep thick bark. and its grows more twisted (generally speaking) which makes it very hard to split. white oak comparatively grows much straighter. Here is what bur oak looks like around here.
images

but ultimately the best way to tell bur oak is by the acorns. they look like a bur, hence the name.
images
images

Back