How big of a skid steer do I need

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here BOBCAT is having some tough economic times they have closed there store near me and plan to close another in central jersey , now you have to order all parts online and wait for the service truck for warranty work or run it 2 hours up north , Bobcat may be on its way out ..

That may just be a regional problem for your area. Perhaps poor dealer support led to poor market penetration?

There are many more bobcats than any other brand. Around here, when you see a skid steer, it is usually a Bobcat. Case and Caterpillar make regular appearances, and the really big contractors like the Takeuchi track loaders. I can't remember the last time I saw a New Holland, Gehl, or ASP.

KC Bobcat has this area tied up, and their service is pretty good, too.

Last edited:
That may just be a regional problem for your area. Perhaps poor dealer support led to poor market penetration?

There are many more bobcats than any other brand Around here, when you see a skid steer, it is usually a Bobcat. Case and Caterpillar make regular appearances, and the really big contractors like the Takeuchi track loaders. I can't remember the last time I saw a New Holland, Gehl, or ASP.

KC Bobcat has this area tied up, and their service is pretty good, too.

It seemed a bit weird too me as well , I know they had some really bad mechanics there , but the next dealer is almost 60 miles from here .. I would like to think that there service truck mechanic won't be a complete dope since he will be handling all my service work now ...

Latest posts

Back