how bout a tuning video???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtracy1223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For Any of you guys out there that like to make videos and know how to ear tune...... it would be helpful for us guys that are just starting out and are still confused by this 4 stroking thing if someone would make a video on tuning and maybe focus on the difference between rich/lean/ and perfect 4 stroking saws. Just an idea because after much reading and checking out sound files I still can tell if its right. I can hear when it goes lean but the difference between too rich and a good 4 stroking sound is fuzzy at best. Just an idea if someone has time and feels like helping out the newbees.

[video=youtube;2HLpx5mqvW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HLpx5mqvW8&feature=player_detailpage#t=0[/video]

Here's Scotts video.

There are several tuning videos on You Tube. Some are better than others. I would look at several of them and follow the most logical one.

AFAIK Scott's video posted prior to my post by Arrowhead may be the best you come across?

This one has a lot of explanation by a Arboristsite member

[video=youtube;29FiGmDQkaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FiGmDQkaM#t=59[/video]

Video I made a few years back on a 7900, which has a rev limited coil.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ulY5sU4axFQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ulY5sU4axFQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Why is it necessary to tune the rev limited coil chainsaws in the wood?; while cutting the chainsaw doesn't reach the max RPM so the tach can get a good reading so you can set the max RPM you want precisely? This is the difference between limited and unlimited coil chainsaw in what regards the carb adjustments, or not ?
I watched a lot of videoclips and read a lot of post on the matter but I'm still confuse about why you should tune rev limited saws while cutting and how ...
Maybe it's just me ..

Video I made a few years back on a 7900, which has a rev limited coil.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ulY5sU4axFQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ulY5sU4axFQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Why is it necessary to tune the rev limited coil chainsaws in the wood, while cutting the chainsaw doesn't reach the max RPM so the tach can get a good reading so you can set the max RPM you want precisely? This is the difference between limited and unlimited coil chainsaw in what regard the carb adjustments, or not ?
I watched a lot of videoclips and read a lot of post on the matter but I'm still confuse about why you should tune rev limited saws while cutting and how ...
Maybe it's just me ..

Latest posts

Back