How did you come here/Who brought you here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found AS when i was searching google for 2cycle oils for saw use, an old kdhotsaw post about Maxima Castor 927 brought me here. so i would have to give credit for me finding AS to KD. he is also the first person i ever heard about modifying saws, never knew people did this sort of thing! now i wont own a stock saw anymore :)

About 3 1/2 years ago, I put up a post on the YTMag website (tractor stuff) about fixing my 045 Super basket case, and got referred here by John in MA--Mr. Jonsered 111s himself. I promptly broke forum etiquette and posted a want ad on the chainsaw forum. Ended up with a parts 045 that I fixed up (sort of), found an 075 to fix, and so on and so forth. Now I have all these damned saws listed below.

Chris B.

While on google one day, I searched for some ????. (AS) I missed 1 letter. Now I find that I can be satisfied without the smut. ( just kidding ) This is much more fun. :laugh:

I first came via different forum on this site looking for chemicals for my orchard. Just happened to notice saw forum and lots of info for my old 044 that's still needin a cyl kit. Great forum btw.

Dogpile search for Stihl, was thinking about a bigger saw to add
with my 335xpt and 036. Now those two saws are gone and I
have MS200T, 026, MS260, MS361, MS460, MS660, 066 and
a few parts saws plus a chain saw mill. I'm lucky my wife hasn't
shot me :)

I was looking for clutch parts for my Poulan Pro 330. Good saw, bad parts support. Took about 50 days to get parts. So I read about chainsaws. I used to just get by with the two saws but the more I read the more I realized I needed a saw for every purpose and backup saws to go with them. :greenchainsaw:

BTW, Troll have you tried to get onto Madsens site lately. I dont know if they are updating or what but it seems like they have been down a while. Just curious if its just me or what?

Dan Whalen - the Madsen's site builder and manager quit. They are looking to replace him.

Anyway I found this site by accident as well. So far I have made some friends and pissed a bunch of people off. Guess its just my nature.
Happy New Year!

I believe I was googling up chainsaw reviews, either for my 353 or when I was eyeballing a 357xp really hard...

When I found this I said, Oooh sweet a discussion board for saws! (My 10th at least that Im on, 5th actively...) and I've been hooked since.

I love the knowledge here, helps a little farm boy like me survive... almost literally.

I haven't yet broke down and bought a saw because of this place... but its so close its not even funny.

Searching on Google for chainsaw and milling info after hurricane Isabel blew through. Been here ever since.

BTW, Troll have you tried to get onto Madsens site lately. I dont know if they are updating or what but it seems like they have been down a while. Just curious if its just me or what?

No, it is a long time since I was there - but there was a lot of good info, in addition to the saw "catalog"...

I found the site about a week ago after a quick google search...

I was researching a decent cleanup/mild firewood saw for the wife and spent quite a few hours reading & searching. Somehow or another that led me to bring home a new MS361 today :confused:

Anyway that gets us to 3 saws, and we still need a couple more.

Thanks, I think. :cheers:

Congrats!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Btw, I have only aquired one additional saw, after joining here - I probably am a Saint.....

Google here too.

First I got hooked on the antics of a former member, but I soon realized that just about any question could be answered at AS.

About 3 1/2 years ago, I put up a post on the YTMag website (tractor stuff) about fixing my 045 Super basket case, and got referred here by John in MA--Mr. Jonsered 111s himself. I promptly broke forum etiquette and posted a want ad on the chainsaw forum. Ended up with a parts 045 that I fixed up (sort of), found an 075 to fix, and so on and so forth. Now I have all these damned saws listed below.

Chris B.

CB I thought I was fried,,,,,, He, he, he, Dude,,,, you are "SMOKIN"

I was already toast before I found the place,,,,,, had just finished putting a BB kit on my 460 Mag and I was looking on Ebay for a dual port muffler and when I got it the dude selling the muffler referred me here and to Madsens,

Been "Stuck Like ChucK" ever since
:cheers: :cheers:

Back