How do I post pictures?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello

I've done a search, asked in my other threads and haven't gotten the answer.

How do I post pictures in the thread?

Thanks

Dan

This is what worked the best for me and I is computer dumb!

Last edited:
Hello

I've done a search, asked in my other threads and haven't gotten the answer.

How do I post pictures in the thread?

Thanks

Dan

First, put your pictures somewhere on the internet (you've already done this with your shutterfly account, but if you read on you will see why that may not be right for you).

Then, go to the picture that you want to post and, in the case of your shutterfly account, click on it so that it shows up in large form.

At the top of your web browser you will see the internet address that the pic is at. In this case, http://jonsreds.shutterfly.com/23

Copy that web address (highlight it with your mouse, then right click it and select "Copy." You can also highlight it and press Ctrl + C at the same time - this does the same thing.

Now go the post where you want your picture to show up.

As you are typing your post, you will see a series of numbers, icons, etc on top of the box where you are typing in. Look for a yellow icon that looks like a tiny envelope with a postage stamp on the top right of it. If you hold your mouse over this icon it should say "Insert Image."

Click on that icon and a little dialogue box will show up. Put your mouse cursor over the white space in the box, right click, and choose "Paste" (Ctrl + V will also paste the text there). The internet address of your picture should now be in that white space.

Click "OK" and the dialogue box will disappear. The proper coding for your picture to show up should now be in the post that you are making.

Finish typing your post and then click on Preview Post to: i) insure that your picture shows up, and ii) to ensure that it isn't too large and makes the page stretch sideways too much.

I will try and attach the pic that I referenced above:

It should show up below this line:
[ IMG]http://jonsreds.shutterfly.com/23[/IMG ]

LOL ... that didn't work! I adjusted the code so that it would show up - normally there would be no spaces between [ ] these symbols and the codes within (in this case, IMG and /IMG).

Maybe you need a different site to host your pictures at. I use the above method to host pictures and it works for me. My pictures are generally hosted on my personal web space.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Latest posts

Back