How Do U Remove Sharpie/Magic Marker From Saw? !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlRockin'

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have this saw that has some magic marker or sharpie writing on it. It's right on the top cover and was wondering what is a good way to remove the ink? Yeah, sandblasting will work, but I'm thinking something a little less.... effective. LOL!

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this junk
icon5.gif

Thanks.

StihlRockin'

151 Rum.

Anything high in Ethanol content works like magic. Not sure what it will do to the paint though.

Trust me I know from experience. Don't write on a white board with one.

Last edited:
Weeeeell if rubbing alcohol wont work,emery cloth to drastic,and barbie stickers are out,than how bout just buyin a new Husky?

ak :chainsaw:

I have this saw that has some magic marker or sharpie writing on it. It's right on the top cover and was wondering what is a good way to remove the ink? Yeah, sandblasting will work, but I'm thinking something a little less.... effective. LOL!

icon5.gif

Thanks.

StihlRockin'

I have used alcohol (93%) and finger nail polish remover. I dont know if it was a sharpie that was used on the part I cleaned but it was definatly some type of permanent marker. It got a lot off of it off and a little saw dust covers the rest.

rubbing alcohol, and some elbow grease. you can also try writing on it with a magic marker then realy fast wipe it off with an alcohol soaked rag. the new ink ussualy loosens up the old ink. you might try it on something else before you make it worse. or just paint your saw black. that would look kool.

snowdog

Use a dry erase marker to trace over the permanent marks. Wait a minute and then wipe off with rubbing alcohol. You may have to do this a few times.

I learned about this when teaching a timber cruising seminar at a client's office. I accidentally used a permanent marker on a white board. Members of the audience showed me how to do it. The dry erase marker can "erase" the permanent stuff with two or three applications. Remember to use some rubbing alcohol in between the applications. It sure saved the day for me.

Jon

icon5.gif

Thanks.

StihlRockin'

I'd always use Mystic Metal Mover before they recalled it. Takes sharpie marks off w/o a trace.

Last edited:
watch the aresols, they tend to fade/etch the plastic. There are quite a few foaming aresol cleaners that work really well. I can't think of the names of them off hand......

The magic eraser will work on fresh magic marker, but not on one that has set in a couple years

If you know someone who works as a Custodian in a school perhaps he can loan you a can of "Graffiti Remover". Such a thing does exist and it works even on magic marker.

Latest posts

Back