How Do U Remove Sharpie/Magic Marker From Saw? !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curiosity is getting the better of me. What, pray tell, does the saw actually have written on it? Someone's name, graffitti from coworkers, what? I can't imagine anything written in faded/mostly cleaned marker on a saw that would interfere with me using it. Unless it was funny, then I might not pay attention like I should.

Brasso. Works very well because it has very fine abrasives in it. It is so fine you can even use it to remove small scratches from plexiglas or lexan. But does an excellent job of removing magic markers from plastic.

When my kids/help break something, they usually hide/cover it up. Then when I find it on down the road and ask, they say "Oh, its been like that". That being said, why not give it a shot of red/orange paint and get back in the woods already!

Angle grinder.

Sheesh, everybody knows that.

No, no, no! You live in California...you gotta think GREEN! Not good to be using up fossil fuels to run a grinder.

A wire brush or a wood rasp will do just fine.

Excuse me for awhile...I think theres a teeny tiny little scratch on my saw or maybe a microscopic bit of pitch...gotta clean it off.

While getting the acetylene torch out and either melting it down or cutting a piece out would work effectively, I think the duct tape or angle grinder idea would be less caustic.

I bought the saw from my doctor's friend and it had marker written "Press Here ---->" pointing at the decompression button to remind himself to use the button prior to starting. LOL!

I'm going to resell it and the marks make it look like an idiot owned it.... that, or it came from the scrap pile, so I need to spiff it up a bit for resale.

If it looks clean enough, I just may keep it myself. We'll see.

I'll get some cleaner ideas from you fellas and we'll see how this works out.

Thanks,

StihlRockin'

I have this saw that has some magic marker or sharpie writing on it. It's right on the top cover and was wondering what is a good way to remove the ink? Yeah, sandblasting will work, but I'm thinking something a little less.... effective. LOL!

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this junk
icon5.gif

Thanks.

StihlRockin'

I have four kids, brake cleaner will blast it right off:cheers:

While getting the acetylene torch out and either melting it down or cutting a piece out would work effectively, I think the duct tape or angle grinder idea would be less caustic.

I bought the saw from my doctor's friend and it had marker written "Press Here ---->" pointing at the decompression button to remind himself to use the button prior to starting. LOL!

I'm going to resell it and the marks make it look like an idiot owned it.... that, or it came from the scrap pile, so I need to spiff it up a bit for resale.

Thanks,

StihlRockin'

Snellerize it. Just send it off to AS member bisnelling.. Brad can rebuild, port, and recondition it so well that you would not even recognize your own saw. Brad has done some work for Fish. (Check Fish's signature).:cheers:

Thanks,

StihlRockin'

Just get a magic marker and write "Dr." (without the quotes) after "press here" and whomever buys it will be impressed and know a "idiot" didn't own it.

Snellerize it. Just send it off to AS member bisnelling.. Brad can rebuild, port, and recondition it so well that you would not even recognize your own saw. Brad has done some work for Fish. (Check Fish's signature).:cheers:

I hear that he has been pretty busy taping his new TV show "Pimp My Saw". Amazing stuff. Who'd a thunk that you could take an old 440 and add a 52" plasma and hot tub?

Just get a magic marker and write "Dr." (without the quotes) after "press here" and whomever buys it will be impressed and know a "idiot" didn't own it.

What does being a doctor prove about not being an idiot? I certainly wouldn't be impressed, might get a laugh out of it, though.

If you know fish's Signature this is very funny in a way.

Latest posts

Back