How is he hanging ? (the saw chain)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan-Sietze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How is he hanging ?

_DSC7777-3_zps484816ce.jpg

I have created this to organize the saw chains.

How do you guys store the saw chains ?

I used to do nails tapped into the studs in the garage for long loops and off the side of the workbench for the shorter ones. Then I got lazy, and now there are just chains everywhere, yet I only use one chain/saw until it is worn out, so I should probably just gather up the old loops and give them away. Note to self.

it's alot harder to organize chains when you have more then 5 LOL. especially if they are all different DL counts. i don't have much room but i hang the chains i don't use going from longest to shortest on one spike. then i hang chains with the bars they go with. would be real easy if i had 20 spikes in the wall but i don't so i gotta try hang 30 or so bars and 90 or so chains on 4 spikes. a few always end up under the bench.

On the bars and on the saws. Only have one hanger, It is the 60" bar so I know which chain belongs to it. Also a few in the boxes.

I found out that the hook for hanging clothes in my pickup works great for hanging extra chains. I don't like them laying in the toolbox or seat because they get looped. Hanging keeps them clean and out of the way. The hook in my Chevy is right behind the passenger seat.

It was a "You might be a sawyer if" moment....

:clap: :bowdown: You guys are nuts , so many bars & chains! :bowdown: :clap:

I have it easy :):
- the bar & chain "in use" is always mounted on my saw(s)
- my spare chains are in their original boxes on a shelf and are not used until the one in use is worn out well past the witness mark
- my spare bars hang on a nail on the wall and will not be used till I decide to replace the working bars due to wear

Latest posts

Back