how many drivers for 28" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I need to know how many chain links I need, it doesn't say on the bar. Its a 28" 3/8 .058 D009 husky mount. Is there an easy way to figure it out.

Where is a good place to get a good deal on joiners for saw chain. I got a bunch of chains here, that need to be fixed, and or shortened for my needs.

On both my 7900s and my huskies, with a 7 pin I run 92 dl on a 28 incher. Fits easily and gives more adjustment.

Especially the 7900s.

I am talking 3/8 .050.

On both my 7900s and my huskies, with a 7 pin I run 92 dl on a 28 incher. Fits easily and gives more adjustment.

Especially the 7900s.

I am talking 3/8 .050.

I've found it very helpful to shorten chains after a few shifts of cutting on my Huskies down to 92, after the chain has had time to stretch itself.

Some of the earlier saws had a slightly shorter crankcase span and the books will show older specs for obsolete applications like .058" gauge.

Well, my dealer just got his new Oregon catalog in and he gave me his old one, and it says 92 links for large mount bars in .058.

I don't think its right either, but thats what it says.

I've found it very helpful to shorten chains after a few shifts of cutting on my Huskies down to 92, after the chain has had time to stretch itself.

Interesting;

I run 94 links of 35 RSF on my 28" Oregon bar (288---D009). 8 pin rim, still tons of adjustment, internal clutch (372/385)

If you need a bunch of b!tch links for 3/8 stihl, I have a bag full!

Last edited:
Interesting;

I run 94 links of 35 RSF on my 28" Oregon bar (288---D009). 8 pin rim, still tons of adjustment, internal clutch (372/385)

If you need a bunch of b!tch links for 3/8 stihl, I have a bag full!

Nice. I'll let ya know. I have to dig through the whole box of chain. To see what's there.

Latest posts

Back